"I read your notes," I perked up at his words. "I agree, we should keep the J." I chuckled, biting my arm, trying to focus on not throwing up in the drain right next to me.

I rest my forehead against my forearm, I hear him sigh, his hand under my shirt–rubbing my warm back. "It's only supposed to last for six more weeks," I state as he chuckles.

"Heartburn means the baby will have loads of hair," He states as I chuckle. "Mattison," I state as he hums. "You're not even the slightest bit mad that I'm pregnant?" I ask.

I feel another wave of nausea hit me. I swallow hard, continuing to breathe.

"Why would I be mad?" He asks.

I slowly lift my head from my arms. He removes his hand from my back, stepping to the side of me. Leaning next to me on the counter.

And that's when I can't hold it in anymore.

I step around the lanky boy and quickly run to one of the powder rooms, immediately throwing myself in front of the toilet. Matti wasn't long behind me, holding my hair back–crouching down behind me and rubbing my back.

I felt tears slip out of my eyes from the pressure and pain of the heartburn and throw up.

"I could never be mad at you for something like this." He states as I chuckle, sniffling. My hand reaches up and flushes the toilet. "Seriously, this is crazy and he might be coming at the most unexpected time but it's life and we have to deal with it." I heard his smile through his voice.

"She." is all I respond with as he lets out a laugh.

"She or he will come out with loads of hair." He states as I laugh.

"I need to shower. I need to get ready for the day, and I need to stuff my face with food." I slowly rise from sitting on the ground. "What do you want to eat?" He asks as I chuckle.

"Surprise me, but if I come out to see that smoothie of yours–I will leave." He puts his hands up in defense. I watch as he walks out of the bathroom.

"Matti! Sweet! Something sweet and sugary!" I call out to him.

"Artificial sugar isn't good for the baby!" He calls out as I ignore him.

He was deprived of sugar as a kid because of his athleticism. I wasn't deprived because I was forced– I was deprived because we couldn't afford it.

I could afford a million chocolate chip pancakes now. So that means whatever my kid wants to eat, they can eat.

I walk out of the powder room and enter the hallway- into the next restroom with the shower. I reach for the towels and walk over to the shower and freeze.

"Matti! How do you work this thing?" I yell as I hear him walk in–phone in hand. He chuckles as I point at all of the buttons. "You don't know how to work this shower?" He asks as I glare.

"This thing has a million heads. I just need one." I point to all of them.

"If you get bored their all detachable." He smirks at me as he turns on the water for me, the person on the other end of the phone laughing. "Thank you," I state as he smiles.

He exits, shutting the door behind him. I walk to the linen closet, grabbing towels before stripping off my clothes. I look in the mirror.

I turned to the side staring in the mirror.

I still looked like all of the gluten I ate was infesting my stomach.

I stepped into the shower–reaching for Matti's shampoo and conditioner.