fourteen

Hi guys! Thank you all so much for the support! Thank you thank you thank you! Enjoy!

Naomi Black

The amount of rage filling my body was unstoppable.

But the amount of alcohol that I was supplied with was endless, so my rage was numbed.

My thoughts consisted of him and only him.

How could someone be that cruel? How could someone look at me like I had to act as if I weren't the gum stuck on the bottom of their shoes? The adrenaline that pumped through my veins when I slammed that office door was immense.

But the amount of disappointment that rocked my body afterward was worse.

When I walked back to the apartment alone, I wanted to see the girls. But unfortunately, nobody was there, they had already gone to the party at the football house without me.

And after suffering the immense dickishness and degrading of Matti Williams, I had no desire to go to a house party filled to the brim with boys like him.

Grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen and kicking off my shoes, I headed towards my room to sit on the edge of my bed.

I had never felt insecure about the way I was brought up. I had no time to because I was taught from a young age that I needed to grow up and learn how to swim in the pond before I drown.

Insecurities are a funny thing.

I had never felt this was because only Matti Williams had seen to bring out the worst sides of me and I barely knew the guy.

I stared at the wall filled with pictures of my grandparents.

They did the best they could and I would be damned if anyone tried to belittle me for the fact that I wasn't as fortunate as them. I had to go to a public school, I had to sell overpriced candy plus candles to be able to go on school trips, and I didn't even have my car until I could afford one, but that was me.

I built who I was today. I'm continuing to prove my dad wrong every day and hopefully my mother too. I always ended up with the short end of the stick and I was sick and tired of it.