Eight

Matti Williams

Matti Williams

"And then, she grabbed a chair and said a big fuck you to Mr. Matti over here!" Everyone in the football house laughed as Blake told the story to the boys. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They can all kiss my ass.

A chair.

She grabbed a chair.

Out of all things she would have grabbed, she grabbed a chair. If only she wasn't so stubborn and just took my help. Everyone wanted my help- I was Matti Williams, baby. I was supposed to be the number one draft pick, everyone wanted to be my friend. She was lucky I even offered to help her, a million people would've loved to be in her position.

"She was fucking smoking hot dude," Blake said. Yeah Blake we know, however, she's a huge bitch. I mean throwing a fit like this over an art project? What a joke. I deserved a better partner.

I didn't need this stupid art class. I didn't need anything except a football.

"Hello... earth to Matti?" Reese said while waving his hand in front of my face. My head snapped up. "Woah easy boy, see guys, he must still be thinking about their encounter." I glared and slapped the back of Reese's head.

"That's enough. I was not thinking about Caden's girl." I said.

Now Caden's head snapped up.

"My girl? Since when is my little sister's best friend 'my girl'?" Caden questioned.

"Well she did have your practice jersey on bud," I said back to him. "Right dude. All four of them did. She's not my girl, she's my little sister's best friend. Blame the beef you have with her on yourself, not me." He laughed with the entire group.

Caden was an outsider to the captain's house. Only joining this year, he had a great field goal percentage that had shown promise and hope to Coach Webber. Caden wasn't one of us completely though. Sure he was a football player, but more so he acted like he was a president of a frat.

Here at Penn State football we pride ourselves on very few things.

Number One: Victory.

Without victory you are nothing.

Number Two: Bitches.

Without the victory you get nothing and no bitches. And when I say bitches- I mean bunnies. Jersey chasers. The girls here throw themselves at us as if the captains were the next big boy band. Sure we played things, but it was football and girls. Not instruments.

Number Three: Brotherhood.

Last but not least, being a member of the Penn State Football team meant that you were forever a celebrity. We were by no means a small campus. We had the biggest alumni association in the world which meant that we had a ton of fans. As soon as you're handed a full ride to play Penn State football, you sign your life away to cameras and fans. I still remember when I got verified on Instagram- it was a surreal moment.