five

Naomi Black

Naomi Black

Monday mornings are ass and they could kiss my ass. Whoever on this beautiful earth decided to let me sign up for an Eight A.M. art class was not looking out for me. But I needed this class, it was the last credited class before I got into early clinical. This is all of course if I pass my nursing test at the end of the semester.

Pennsylvania weather has no chill. One day it is sunshine and hot to the point where I have to pull my boobs off my chest because the sweat is pooling underneath them and the next day my nipples could be so hard they could cut diamonds.

Today, Pennsylvania chose for it to be a breezy day. If you have not been lucky enough to travel to the lovely town of State College, Pennsylvania, I'm here to inform you that it is one of the most beautiful campuses. Our town is much like a city, but it is the only city/town for miles because we are surrounded by the most beautiful mountains.

Throwing on my wonderful white hoodie and my amazing black leggings, I walked out of the apartment quietly trying not to wake the three sleeping bears or as I would like to call them, my roommates.

I need a huge coffee but I'm way too anxious for this class already. If I drank a coffee I'd piss my pants before the class was over. I just decided to start walking to the lecture buildings.

And let me tell you, It was a walk.

These beautiful Pennsylvanian mountains make our campus full of rolling hills. Which meant my calves got a workout every day. Arriving at the door and swiping my ID to get me in the building was the easiest part of my day sadly.

I look down at my phone at my class schedule for the room number.

Dr. Metz, Intro to Art Room 323.

I look down the hall and by the looks of the huge pile of students entering that room, that would be art class. Great.

Overpopulated classes in college are the worst part. Never knowing if you're gonna have the same seat and the anxiety is horrible. Especially the feeling of not knowing who is going to be in your classes.

Walking into the classroom I noticed that it wasn't the typical lecture room, it was a full-blown art studio.

Great. Can't wait to get my Picasso on.

Finding a seat was easier than I thought it was going to be because I decided to sit in the front. Who the hell wants to sit in the front? The classroom was filled with chatter as more students kept piling in while the professor was on the way.

Pulling out my notebook and the water I packed I got my area set up so that I was prepared to pass and not fail.

"Matti! My boy! Up here!" I hear a man's deep voice holler.

Why can't I catch a break?

Deciding if it was best to not even look at him and risk the chance of making eye contact was for the best. I was not in the mood to be distracted and especially not by him. I needed to pass this class.

This idea worked amazingly because he walked straight past me without even batting an eye at me. Thank fuck.

"Good morning everyone!" A woman wearing paint splatter overalls appeared in front of all of us. "I am the one and only Dr. Nicole Metz. In the flesh, I know, I know. Hold your applause." She said as it was dead silent.

"Okay well, tough crowd. No problem, you guys will warm up to me and one another soon I hope!" She continued speaking. "Now I understand we have around 200 in this class? That's a great number for this class and I'll tell you why."

Hit me with it, Nicole.

"I'm going to randomly select numbers for people, if matching numbers, that means it was meant to be and you have now met your new art class partner for the rest of the semester! Now just remember, partnership in college means that both of you reflect the grade you receive. It is teamwork that allows you to succeed."

Oh god. The future of my life rested in someone else's hands.

Que the anxiety attack. This shit is horrible, what the hell.

"Joe Mcallister and Sammy Block."

"Ashely Dubwright and Lily Wok."

"Kimmy Johnson and Peter Boatwright."

This is going to take forever.

"Matti Williams and Naomi Black."

Forever wasn't long enough.

Oooooooo! It's getting juicy! What do you think will happen??!??

What do you think will happen??!??

Oooooooo! It's getting juicy! What do you think will happen??!??