Quickly darting around the side of the building, you're suddenly met with a group of 3 other people, standing in a tight-knit circle. Sorcerers, to be specific. You recognize Megumi and Nobara, but Yuji was nowhere to be found. There is also a blond, well-dressed man, wearing goggles.

"Fushiguro-kun! Kugisaki-chan!" You call out, raising and waving your hand. All 3 sorcerers turn to look at you as you jog to them. "What's going on? Do you know what's happening inside the barrier? Where's Itadori-kun?"

"(L/N)-san! We don't know either. All the phone signals have been cut off due to the barrier, so we have no information, but something is definitely going on inside. We have to get in. We only saw Itadori for half a second — he was off to look for the barrier holder. We figured, if the barrier hasn't been broken by now, then the barrier holder must be outside the barrier. After all, being inside the barrier makes it easier for the barrier to be broken through." Nobara informs you.

"Okay- do you think he needs help? I'll head after him." You reply.

"He went to follow the barrier that way," Megumi points forward, in the same direction you were running before you met the sorcerers.

"Got it." You turn to the last sorcerer. "And you are?"

"Nanami Kento."

"(L/N) (F/N)," you reply. "Nice to meet you. I'll be off now."

You say goodbye and run in the direction Megumi pointed. Following the edge of the murky grey barrier, it wasn't long before you see Yuji, who's on the second-floor balcony of a building, facing a cursed spirit.

"Itadori-kun!" You yell out. It was a mistake. As he turns to look at you, the cursed spirit strikes at him and you scream, watching as he's launched from the second floor into the air. He lands on the ground with a loud BANG and blood splatters from him.

"FUCK!" you scream. "I'm so sorry!" You run towards the injured boy, who is already on his feet. He wipes away the blood on his face dripping into his eyes.

"(L/N)-san," he croaks. "The spirit is guarding an orb. I think that's what's holding up the barrier."

"Got it. I'm going." You turn to go, and notice that Yuji follows behind.

"Stop! You're hurt badly." You say. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. And I'm not gonna sit here and watch as you fight. I'm going with you."

You don't complain, and the both of you head to the second-floor balcony.

"Do you know what's going on?" You ask Yuji. He shakes his head, just as much in the dark as you are.

The cursed spirit is still there, not having moved at all.

"You're going down!" You yell. Concentrating on your cursed energy, you activate your infinitesimal time-splitting technique. Everything around you begins to move in slow motion, frame by frame. Sound fades away as you focus on moving fast. It's pitch silent. You aim at the cursed spirit, watching as it doesn't even have time to process your movements. It's still looking at the spot you were at a moment ago. You land a punch in its gut, which sends it flying towards the wall. Your technique deactivates and everything goes back to normal speed, loud rumblings suddenly returning to your hearing.

"Itadori!" You yell in cue, and he knows exactly what to do. He sprints at the cursed spirit, who's already gotten up, and punches at it a few times, but misses, as the spirit keeps dodging. Yuji follows its movements and you turn your back, looking for the orb that the boy had mentioned earlier. A few meters away, you spot a pulsating, glowing white glass orb, where it seemed to crack and indent itself into the floor.