Dieci

Dante's P

Dante's P.O.V.

I knew she was beautiful, but tonight I don't even have the words to describe her.

"Andiamo?" I asked her and she nodded.{let's go?}

We went outside and my 650-hp Camaro ZL1 was already parked waiting for us, I opened the passenger door for her and she got in. I ran to the driver's seat and started the car. I drove us to Romano's one of the best restaurants in Naples, the drive was silent but wasn't awkward, I could see she was nervous, and to be honest so am I.
I feel like a fucking teenager on his first date, me? A cold, ruthless killer, me? Dante Rossi? What is this woman doing to me?

"Buona notte {good night}Mr. Rossi table for two?" The maître d asked and I nodded. He took us to our table, I pulled the chair for Isabella and sat on mine across from her.

"If I remember right, three weeks ago I won the race and you lose, but here we are having dinner like you won, hmm." She said with a grin.

"What can I say? I always have what I want." I winked at her.

"And what do you want exactly, Dante?" When she said my name, the hair in the back of my neck rose.

"For now, I want to have dinner with you." Before she could say anything the waitress came to our table and gave us our menus.

"Wine?" She asked.

" A bottle of Principi di Butera Surya Rosso." I ordered.

"I'll be right back." He said and left us alone.

"I have something to ask you." She said.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to ask you if I could go out after tomorrow, I have an important place to be. I didn't know what you would say but a talked with Emilia she said she would watch Lorenzo."

"Can I know more about that important place?"

"I'm gonna see my parents." She said. The waitress came back with the bottle of wine and poured in our glasses.

"Have you decided what you're going to eat?" We ordered our food and we're alone once again.

"So... I was saying, I want to see my parents every year I go to their grave, I don't know what you are dealing with and I know you said we can't leave the house but it's a cemetery what can happen there?" She rambled a little.

"Aren't you a little curious about what I'm 'dealing'" I asked her?

"Curious? Yes, but it's not my place." She said and shrug. Once again I'm impressed with her, if it was me I would want to know what people attacked me and why.

"You can go, it's been three weeks and things have been quiet." I said I'll let her leave the house but she'll need to have a tracker with her, just in case.

"Grazie."{thank you} Our food was served and we started eating in silence.

"Tell me something about you bella."

"You probably already know everything about me. What was in my file?" She said.

"Yes I read your file, but maybe something was left out."

"Doubt it. I don't know what to tell you, my parents died in a car accident when I was 16, they had so many debts that the only thing that I had with me was a bag full of clothes, I ran, I didn't want to be in foster houses, end up in a club fight and decided to go in the ring, thankfully I won, and since then a fought some more did a few 'jobs', learned new things, made some money and here I am." She said like it was nothing, but it was, being alone since sixteen wasn't easy and besides going to the underground world, I can see how strong she is not just in her fight skills, she amazes me.

"What was your life before your parents died?" I asked her and a small smile appeared on her beautiful face.

"Honestly it was a dream, I had everything I wanted, our home was beautiful and my parents loved each other so much, but also was an elusion when they died I saw that it didn't make sense how our life was so good and after I didn't even get the dog, literally some people showed up my house next day and wanted money I didn't have any and they took my Raffa to sell him."

"What kind of dog was he?"

"It was a Cane Corso. He's was big and beautiful. What about you Dante."

"What do you want to know?"

"How old are you?"

"29."

"Your parents?" That's a sensitive subject but with her, I feel so at ease that I answered.

"Killed almost 15 years ago."

"Sorry, so you've been doing this since you're 14?" She didn't have to say it but I knew she was talking about the Mafia.

"Yes and no, after them, I stayed hidden for two years while learning everything, so I've been doing this since 16."

"Wow, I'm impressed." She said and I could see that in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because even if you won't say it, I bet it wasn't easy, now you're a successful man not just in one way, I can only imagine what you've been through in this 15 years. And besides your business, you have Lorenzo as well."

"Emilia told you about his mother didn't she?" My sister has a big mouth.

"Yes, you know Emilia she likes to talk. But anyway you're a great father Dante." She chucked.

"Thank you bella."

We finished our dinner and we're heading to the car, I opened the door for her but before she could sit, I pull her to my chest. I couldn't take it anymore, since I saw her before dinner all I wanted to do was take her to my bedroom but I controlled myself. But now I can't anymore, I got to know her more and I even let her know me.
I put my hand on the back of her neck and I could feel the goosebumps on her skin. I lowered my head and slowly close the distance between our lips, we kissed, slowly. Our tongues danced together in the most romantic kiss I ever had. We pull apart to catch our breath none of us said a word we got inside the car and I drove us back to the house.

My mind is all over the place, I don't know what to think I don't know what to do. All I know is that I want her and somehow I need her. There's this feeling inside my chest, I can't really explain. When I'm with her she makes me feel good, makes me feel more than a Don and more than a father. I waited three weeks to kiss her, it was hard but it was worth it.

Please vote ⭐ and comment 💬
Thank you