9

"Kookie... Kook...Mom is calling. Let's go"
Taehyung was trying to wake Jungkook up but he wasn't waking up. Being tired of calling him again and again Taehyung went downstairs alone.

Jungkook's mom was cooking something in the kitchen. She had made pancakes for them. She heard footsteps of somebody coming downstairs. She knew both of them hence she knew Jungkook would never wake up earlier than Taehyung. So without checking who it was she confidently asked.

"How are you Tae? Are you okay?"
Taehyung got scared he wasn't sure if Jungkook had told her anything about her bruises or not. It wasn't like he didn't trust Jungkook. He trusted Jungkook and he was sure that Jungkook would not tell anyone about this especially not after the hospital scene. Still he was scared he and that's why he couldn't say anything.

"Tae? You should take care while using stairs. Your leg might have gotten fractured too."

"Eh- Yeah... Yeah... It happened so fast so I missed one step. I will take care from now on."

Taehyung felt relieved and it wasn't first time he had lied to one of theirs parents.
They could fill a book just by their lies to save each other from problems at home.

Without going deeper he tried to change the topic.

"It smells good. Are you making snacks for us? "

"Yes. I have made pancakes for you and that sloth bear. But as always, he won't wake up on time hence go have a seat. I will bring them to you."

"Okay mom!" Taehyung went sat on the chair with a cheerful smile.

Meanwhile Jungkook moved to the other side of the bed and he could not feel Taehyung there. He opened his eyes to check for Taehyung but he couldn't find him. Suddenly Jungkook heard his mom and Taehyung talking so he went downstairs to check what was happening.

"Oh hey!" Taehyung saw him and waved.

"Hey!" he saw Taehyung all laughing and talking so he got suspicious and some made signals asking - Are you okay?

In reply Taehyung showed him his famous V sign. Jungkook felt relieved but he was still thinking about the bruises and marks on Taehyung's body.

"Kook, I have made some pancakes. Have a seat I will get them at instant." Jungkook's mom heard them talking and said from the kitchen.

"Okay mom."

After having snacks they both went to the bedroom. Jungkook locked it from inside and turned around. Just by the look on his face Taehyung knew that Jungkook is serious and will ask him about the scars and bruises on his body.

"Tae..."

"Jungkook-" Jungkook got cut down by Taehyung's deep voice.

"Jungkook" He continued- "Not here, Let's go to our place. I will tell you everything but not here, please."

Jungkook thought for a while and nodded. They took their phones and left the house.

Their favorite place was a velly outside of the city. It was filled with grass and few trees here and there. There was a river of clean water next the grassland.

They both used to come here since they were children. This place was a witness of their eternal friendship.

They both laid down with support of their hands so that the hard ground would not hurt the back of their heads.
They gazed at the sky for a while. It was a clear sky with few clouds here and there. The sun was going to set down in a few hours.

Then Taehyung turned his face to Jungkook who was still looking at the sky.
He opened his mouth to tell the story, tell the tale of miserable life he was living behind the curtains.

Song Recommendation : Be As You Are by Mike Posner