5

"He didn't come!" Jungkook looked at Jimin with tears in his eyes.

Taehyung had not been to school for 3 days. He didn't visit Jungkook either.

Jungkook went to Taehyung's house and knocked at his door. He waited there for hours but nobody came out.

This might not be a serious matter for others but Jungkook was used to Taehyung's presence. He used to get hurt by these little things of Taehyung. He wanted Taehyung to stay by his side forever.

An example of Jungkook being hurt by Taehyung's small things is that one day Taehyung said in a funny way-

"Kookie! What if we fight and then never talk to each other again."

After hearing this Jungkook snapped. He didn't talk to Taehyung for three days. And Taehyung had to surprise him with his favorite cake and after that Jungkook started talking to him again.

But Taehyung liked this sensitive nature of his. And the thing was that Jungkook wasn't like this with others. He felt so comfortable with Taehyung and that's why he had expectations from him.

"Don't worry, Kook. He will return soon."
Jimin said while taking the younger one in his arms.

Meanwhile Taehyung was still healing from the wounds he could never speak of. His parents returned the same day his dad beat him.

But his condition was so bad that he could not meet Jungkook. He was scared that Jungkook would find out about this and he didn't want to make him worry.

But he didn't know he was hurting Jungkook alot more by protecting him and by hiding things from him.

Taehyung heard Jungkook knocking at the door. He could barely walk but he reached at the door. He sat down with his back taking support of the door.

Jungkook was also sitting the same way. His back resting at the door.

They were so close yet very far from each other. The younger one was desperate to meet his friend and the older one was fighting his urge to meet him.

He could hear Jungkook sobbing and saying things to himself but he could not understand what Jungkook was saying.
This was hurting Taehyung alot more than the pain of his fresh wounds and thoughts of his dad beating him.

Jungkook knew that Taehyung was not having an extremely good relationship with his parents but he didn't know more than that.

That's when Jimin saw Jungkook sitting there and crying in front of Taehyung's house and so Jimin went to him.

"He didn't come!" Jungkook looked at Jimin with tears in his eyes. 

"Don't worry, Kook. He will return soon."
Jimin said while taking the younger one in his arms.

Taehyung heard Jimin's voice from inside and felt a little bit relieved. He slowly stood up and went to his room to take rest. He had decided to meet Jungkook the next day at any cost.

"What if he never returns." Jungkook said softly, aloofness lurking from his eyes.

"Jungkook" Jimin slowly pulled away from the hug and held Jungkook by his shoulders. "Taehyung will always return. No matter how he is, no matter where he is, he willl always return. He is your best friend."

"But... But... I don't want him to go. Why does he always do this?" Jungkook couldn't stop his tears.

Jimin didn't have any answer of this question so he just took Jungkook in his arms again.

Song Recommendation : Something Just Like This by Coldplay and The Chainsmokers
(PS - I'd suggest the nightcore version)