CHAPTER 1

Thunder shook the world outside as a bullet shot past his ear. 

His breath was uneven, his throat rumbling with exaggerated puffs. The dull grey light in the old subway tunnel flickered as he slipped on the cold stone floor, making the scene even more crueler.

He crawled on his back, his eyes quivering with fear. His legs felt like stone all of sudden, making it almost impossible to run any more.

His shirt was drenched with a mix of the rain from outside and his very own sweat. His bracelet clamoured against the floor as he was pushed roughly to the ground by a large hand.

"Who knew roaches could run this fast?"

A stiff shoe stepped on his neck, the sudden pressure blocking his windpipe for a second. "Too bad you got caught." The cold voice laughed, making the already chilly tunnel even more frigid.

"Please, let me, let me live." He begged, the tumbling rain almost covering his voice, "I promise, I..I will never do this again, just let me go this once."

"Please Jaemin, I will never betray NCT ever again."

Silence prevailed over him like a shadow, with the narrow sensation of death climbing his spine as slowly as possible. "Jaemin...I beg you." He said as a last attempt.

Jaemin looked down on him, his ethereal features glaring at him almost in complete disdain, "Not only do you try to sell us out, you also called me by my name?"

The man's eyes went wide in realisation, his body almost crumbling as he saw Jaemin pull out his gun from his pocket.

"Die, liar." Was the last thing he heard, Jaehyun's sweet smile being the last thing he saw.

Another thunder rolled down, sealing the world back to normalcy, completely ignoring the limbs that lay on the floor after being ripped apart by the same person who put a bullet in the head of its owner.

The singular torso was dragged along the way, leaving messy lines of Ox-red on the dirty concrete floor. But these trails really wouldn't matter as it was sure that no one would even look at it for more than a glance.

After all, who would even want to associate themselves with that corpse? It was no longer a living person nor was it just a lump of muscle, instead it was something far more dangerous.

It was now a victim of NCT.

And anything related to NCT, is surely to drag you down.

********

"Good bye, Jen-dog!" One of the boys cackled loudly, laughing along with his other friends who were all decked in the finest clothes, the rich kids of the shining capital of NstateT, Neocity.

Their voices died down as the sophisticated growls of their expensive car filled air instead, leaving the place in almost an instant.

Then, a thunder fell to the earth.

A boy moved about in the dark corner, hissing slightly as he bought himself up to stand on his feet. His skin hurt all over, his hair all drenched from the crystal drops of rain that fell from the tree above.

He stumbled over to the mess of leather and nylon that lay out in the rain. It was the bag that had all his important possessions, his papers, project, the last few bits of fraying currency.

He pulled out his ID card from his neck, stuffing it into his bag, momentarily scowling as he saw himself on the the card.

Lee Jeno, 20, professional bullying victim.

If being beaten was a olympic sport, then it was most definite that Jeno would have instantly overpowered everyone in the enitre world.

With all the scars that littered his body, the open wounds and everlasting scabs, he would have stood as the one and only winner, though he wasn't sure if he would feel proud about that or not.

It was not like he was weak, it was just that he knew there was no good thing to come out of fighting kids with powerful and influential families.

Wiping off the blood from his face, he stepped out into the rain, jogging at a brisk pace towards the rundown store that was owned by this old man called Mr Byun.

The shop was crumpled unlike the costly foreign marts that lined this part of the city. The old fashioned light blinkered dimly beside the blaring signs, its door creaking as he opened it.

He pushed himself towards the counter and reached the owner, "Your old ones, please." Sicheng mumbled, placing a few notes on the counter. Mr Byun looked at him disapprovingly and left to get the items inside.

Sicheng huffed as he waited. It was true that Mr Byun wasn't very fond of him, but he couldn't say anything bad about him because he gets most of his necessities due to his grace.

Mr Byun then walked out with a huge carton in his hand, "Most of them expire by this month, but I guess you can eat them for another month extra." He said, pushing it towards Sicheng.

Ah, two months of secure sustainability.

Somewhat a blessing.

With a small 'thank you', he took the box with both hands, bowing down to show his gratefulness. The shopkeeper nodded once, gesturing at him to take them away.

As he collected his things, a second thunder graced the world. The sound came to him after being muffled by the poor plastic door, but even then he could feel his skin tingle a bit.

"It's a terrible night," Mr Byun said from begind the counter, "The weather is going to be terrible this entire weeK. Make sure to go home safely, there are also many bad people out there."

Jeno nodded, thanking the other again as he left the store. He walked down the street towards his own shabby home, "What will many bad people so to me?" He chuckled darkly. "What do I have to be stolen? What do I have to offer?"

"I'm already in hell, who's gonna make it worse for me?"

Hush everybody, no one tell Jeno how wrong he is.

________________________________

I changed this book to Nomin cause I just got brainwashed by a couple of videos of YouTube.