23-Morisuke Yaku

~Story 23~
~Title: Second Bus~
~Character: Morisuke Yaku~
~Trope/AU: Same Bus/Bus Buddies~
~Warnings: 1072~
~Word Count: Very mild swearing~

***

Yaku sculled the rest off his coffee and raced out the house. It wasn't like him to be running late, especially on a school day. He ran as fast as he could to the bus stop, but as he was getting close enough to see the bus stop, he saw the bus he was meant to be on drive away.

"Dammit!" he muttered. He stopped running and walked the rest of the way. Luckily, the bus line ran every 15 minutes, so he could catch the next one. The bus ride only took half an hour to get to school too so he would still get to school well before school actually started so he would have time to get some volleyball practice with the team. It just sucked because he always caught the earlier one. He sat at the bus stop listening to music and messaging Kuroo and Lev like he usually would on the bus. Soon enough the bus came and he hopped on. There wasn't too many seats left, which wasn't a surprise. A lot more people catch the later one, hence why he always caught the earlier one. He saw a double seat left, so he sat on it on the window side. It was better than sitting next to someone random. Plus, he got the window seat. He watched as the scenery flew past. With that and his music playing in his ears, he felt relaxed and calm. So relaxed that he almost didn't notice the bus stop at the next stop. It had only been 5 minutes.

Usually, his bus wouldn't stop at this stop as no one got on, but it did on this one and someone did get on. Usually, he wouldn't be bothered, and give no attention to people getting on, but he couldn't help notice that the person hopping on was you. you made your way closer, looking around for a place to sit. Your gaze stopped on a certain redhead and you made your way near him.

"Hey Yaku, mind if I sit here?" you asked. He took out one of his earphones and nodded.

"Of course,"

"Thank you," you took your seat and smiled at him. Yaku could feel his heart race in his chest. Of course, the prettiest girl in all of his classes had to be one sitting next to him. "You aren't usually on this bus are you?" you asked. He shook his head.

"No, I usually catch the one before this but I was running late today. It was Kuroo's 18th yesterday so we were all out really late," he explained. As if to help prove his case, he began to yawn. You giggled.

"Fair enough. Was it good?"

"Yeah, it was. Lev spilt the soft drink on the floor though and I slipped on it," Yaku groaned. You began laughing. he looked at you mesmerized. The two of you only really talked in class about classwork. Sometimes you'd come to see the boys train and play and you two would get to talk after, but only about volleyball. This was your first real chance to casually just talk to each other and the first time he had heard you laugh. It was beautiful.

"Sorry sorry I shouldn't be laughing!"

"Oh no it's ok. It was kind of funny, and I slapped him,"

"Are you ok though?"

"Yeah, I am," the two of you talked the whole way to school and you both had a blast. Your lockers were nearby so when you both got to school, you both walked together.

"So, do you catch the same bus back home?" you asked him, totally not trying to get an excuse to hang out with him more. You really liked Yaku. You had since you were first years. The two of you had never been too close, but you wished you were, and now was your chance.

"Yeah, but the fifth one," he replied, opening his locker and putting his bag in there and grabbing his books.

"Ohh ok. You stay that long for training?" Yaku nodded. "Oh, nice. I usually get the fourth,"

"Art club?" he asked, knowing you joined it recently.

"Yeah. You know, if you want, I can stay a little longer and catch the fifth one with you?"

"Oh, you don't have to!" Yaku quickly stated.

"I don't mind! I can spend the rest of the time watching your training... if you want?" you asked. Yaku actually went a little pink now. You always seemed so impressed by his volleyball skills.

"Yeah, ok. You can... dumbass..." he muttered, and you giggled again. "Oh be quiet," he hissed, laughing a little himself and gently punching your arm.

~~~

You and Yaku made your way to the bus stop together.

"You seriously underestimate your skills," you muttered.

"Shut up..." Yaku hissed under his breath. You laughed again. The two of you caught the bus home together. Your stop was the one before Yaku's, but he got off at your stop and walked you home.

"You really didn't have to walk all this way with me Yaku-san," you muttered, your face blushing. He smiled.

"And you didn't have to wait after school for me,"

"Fair point... well, thank you," you said, with a big smile. For the remainder of the week and the following ones, you caught the fifth-afternoon bus home with Yaku and he caught the later one in the morning with you. after about two weeks Yaku decided to change your routine.

"So, I was thinking we catch a different bus line today," he said as he walked with you out of the gym after practice.

"What? Why? None of the other ones take us home,"

"Exactly. I was thinking we go to a café or something and grab a bite together," he asked casually. You were impressed of how calm he was about it. You on the other hand were a blushing mess. He smirked. "If you're about to ask, yeah, I'm asking you out. So, you in?" your face went brighter red and you nodded, not being able to form words. He laughed. God his laugh was cute. "Come on y/n-chan. Let's go!" he cheered, grabbing your hand, kissing the top of it. You giggled and he smiled. He thought you were cute too. He made his way to the other bus stop, hand in hand with his new girlfriend.

***

Author Notes

Ah, the good old catching the same prompt. I had to add this one because I met my first two boyfriends through my bus. This is short, but it fits the original word limit I set up lmao. Plus, I like it, it's short and cute.

This man... I bought volume 22 and 23 of the Haikyuu manga (yes without 1-21) and began reading them
I had just finished 22 when I wrote this AND MAY I SAY, YAKU I- CGDSUVBHJSBVKJSBVSDVHKJ And I ship Lev and Yaku too hard. My ships always make these hard to write.

Sorry for being late, I decided to post a quick story the other day instead. (Honestly, I think I'm just procrastinating as I'm nearly done this book ;-;)
After this book is done I will probably be away for a while as I'm making a long story and it's taking a while. I'm about 1/5 of the way writing it from my word goal. ("Why are you mentioning that you're writing this on your Yaku story? Because it maybe had Yaku in it my friend ;) )

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and see you all soon xx