8-Keiji Akaashi

~Story 8~
~Title: Just Got Character~
~Character: Keiji Akaashi~
~Trope/AU: Matching Birthmarks Soulmate AU~
~Warnings: Wholesome Bokuto~
~Word Count: 1476~

***

"Akaashi!" Bokuto yelled, grabbing his friend, and hugging him.

"Hi Bokuto-san," Akaashi replied bluntly. Bokuto pulled away and looked at his friend confusedly. Bokuto knew that Akaashi can be somewhat out of it at times, but something about it today was different. He noticed Akaashi looking down at his arm where a small mark was always located there. Bokuto always said it looked like a butterfly, but Akaashi would point out that it's not symmetrical like butterflies are. 'But it's just got character'. Bokuto would always reply, making Akaashi laugh. Akaashi really struggled with making new friends and Bokuto was his one true friend. But he would soon be graduating. Leaving Akaashi to go through his last year of high school alone, hence his sudden fascination to his arm. The mark one not one of a kind. Someone out there had a matching one and as days went on, he wished he could just meet that person already.

"Akaashi, you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about my 'soulmate'. Sometimes I wonder if I even have one. I mean, I haven't met them yet, and I struggle to meet people in general. Bokuto-san, what if I never meet them?" Akaashi asked, not really expecting Bokuto to really have an answer, yet he did. Bokuto took a glance at the mark on his wrist before looking back at his best friend.

"I'm sure there is someone out there for you, and I'm sure you'll be able to meet them. I mean, you aren't hopeless with making friends, you've got me right? There's also our Volleyball team, not to mention that cute girl you met online," That was true. He did have the team, and 'that cute girl' he met online. He was playing a game with some of the setters and their friends from other teams about a year ago. One of the setters from Karasuno, Sugawara, invited one of his friends to play with them. That friend was you. You and Akaashi ended up being on the same team often and both enjoyed your time and you asked for his discord. Ever since, the two of you had been texting a fair bit and you two became quite close.

"Thank you, Bokuto-san. You're amazing," he said with a smile. Bokuto smiled back and pulled him into a hug once again.

~~~

You got off the bus after a long bus ride from your home in the Miyagi Prefecture to where you were now, in Tokyo Metropolis. You looked down at the map on your phone that directed you to Fukurōdani Academy. You soon arrived and you stood outside the gates. You had gotten a message the day before from an unknown number.

'Hey hey hey!' You were unsure of who had sent you a message like that until you got a few more. 'I'm Kōtarō Bokuto, Akaashi's friend. I got your number from Kuroo, who got it from Daichi who got it from Sugawara'
'Anyway, I'm going away on a camp this week and Akaashi is going to be alone, can you please make sure you can talk to him, I feel bad leaving him,'
you smiled. You had met Bokuto once or twice when he'd interrupt yours and Akaashi's video calls or he's stolen Akaashi's phone. You had heard though that he was an amazing best friend. You of course replied.

'Hey Bokuto. It's so nice that you care so much about Akaashi. How about I'll do you when better. If you want, give me address of your school. I've been meaning to meet him in person and I've got the week off from school so I'll go surprise him!'

Bokuto was more than delighted to oblige and now, here you were, waiting for the school's bells to ring. You hoped there was no other gates in which he'd exit out of or anything. You heard the bell ring and your heart began to pound in worry, but once you saw the 5'9 black haired boy, you calmed down. You couldn't contain your excitement and if you had a tail, it'd be wagging right about now. Once he was close enough, you ran to him, calling his name. His head shot up and the sound of his name and the second he saw your face, a huge grin made it's way to his face.

"Y/n?" he asked, both of you embracing the other in a tight embrace. "What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice in your ear, making your face go red. His voice is so much cuter in person!

"Bokuto told me he was away this week so I decided that, since I have the week off, I'd come visit you!" you replied. You didn't even receive an answer, but instead he hugged you tighter, his eyes beginning to well up in tears.

"I... thank you, this is amazing!" he replied after a few moments. Now your eyes began to well up with tears. As he hugged you tighter, you realised the sudden tingling and pain in your arm, but you just dismissed it. You couldn't hold your tears in anymore and began to cry in his grasp. "Y/n, it's ok," he whispered. You smiled once again. "I'm so happy to finally see you,".

~~~

Akaashi walked back to the small table you were sitting at carrying two milkshakes. He placed yours in front of you on the table and took a seat opposite yours. The two of you had been walking and talking for a couple of hours now and you were stopping for milkshakes before you headed back to his house where you were staying the night. Your original plan was to catch the bus back, but you wanted to spend more time with him, and he was not going to let you catch a bus all the way back to Miyagi this late at night. The sun was setting by the time you guys got your milkshakes. He offered for you to just come back to his place to spend the night. His parents didn't mind and they were more than happy to have a guest. The table was small enough to have your drinks and your arms. You realised how clow your arm was to his and you had a sudden urge to touch his skin. There was no doubt that you liked the boy, you had for months now, but you decided against it, only moving your arm slightly closer in order to readjust the pain in your arm, yet that only made it sting more.

"Owch! What is wrong with you arm?!" you hissed, pulling your arm back. Akaashi looked at you with his typical 'plain' expression, but the glimmer in his eyes told you he was worried.

"What's wrong with your arm?" he asked.

"I don't know, ever since you and I have been close there's been this poking feeling in my arm. I think I might have scratched it or something, I don't know," you replied, debating on weather you should take off your jacket and take a look or if it was to minor to really matter. Akaashi looked at you as if debating he had heard what he had just heard.

"My arm's been doing the same... are you alright? Did you want to take off your jacket and check," you found it adorable for some reason that he had dismissed his pain for yours, but it wasn't necessary. You nodded and began to take it off.

"You sure you're ok too?" you asked. He nodded and you nodded in recognition. You looked down at your now bare arm and you're eyes widened. The pain in your arm was around the area in which your birthmark was, and... it was glowing. You let out a small scream before you covered your mouth with your other hand.

"Y/n! Shoot, are you ok?" he asked, worriedly, looking at your arm. His eyes widened to. He quickly rolled up the sleeve of his jacket and his birthmark was glowing too. "Y/n... you know what is means?" he asked. You looked at his arm shocked. It was the same shape as your own. You began to cry and he quickly got up and hugged you. You began laughing through your tears and he smiled, his eyes welling up with tears too. He pulled away from you and held your shoulders, looking down at you. "Hey hey, y/n. It's ok,"

"I know... but... I just... I already knew I loved you despite all this," you admitted through your sobs. He smiled and lent down to place a soft kiss on your lips quickly.

"I love you too," he replied. You both hugged again and you laughed.

"So... do you think it looks like a deformed butterfly too?" he smiled at your comment.

"Yeah, but it's just got character,"

***

Author Notes

You probably can guess my favourite character is Bokuto huh? Sorry about that, I had to add him and he and Akaashi's friendship is just too strong too. I find it funny I added him though because right after writing this, the next character I was given was Bokuto, so he's up next :D

Anyway, this story. I personally loved writing this. I like Soulmate AUs and I also love giving reader come from such random places. I like butterflies too so that's that. :)

I hope you enjoyed, and see you all soon xx