4-Yuji Terushima

~Story 4~
~Title: Ship has Sailed~
~Character: Yuji Terushima~
~Trope/AU: Trapped/Lost Together~
~Warnings: Mild Swearing, slight mentions of abuse~
~Word Count: 1322~

***

"Y/n? No way! You're here too?" you heard someone call from behind. You stopped in your tracks and let out a deep sigh. You turned around and saw the blonde the words had came from. You tried to force a smile onto your face as Terushima ran to you, wheeling his suitcase with him. He stopped just in front of you and an awkward silence filled the space between you. Things had been awkward between you two ever since he had confessed to you and you had friend zoned him back in High School. It was only 9 months ago, when you guys had graduated, but it had felt longer. The two of you still messaged every so often, but he was hurt, and you knew that. The worst part was you did like him back, but you had to say what you did in order to keep your relationship with your boyfriend at the time. You honestly thought Terushima's confession was fake as he naturally is just a flirt, but you soon realised it was real. You often wished you had dumped your boyfriend for him, but love is blind and you trapped yourself deeper in your abusive relationship. Luckily, about a month ago, you finally got out of it after realising you had lost feelings for him. When Terushima found out, he helped you out with it, but even then you barely spoke, which made you upset, but now, here he was, about to board the same cruise ship you were board. Even though you really missed him and still liked him... you had no idea what to say in this moment.

"Hey Teru. Yeah I am,"

"Any particular reason, or you just trying to stalk me because you can't resist me?" he asked, using his usual flirty tone. You hadn't seen him in person in so long that you hadn't realised how much you missed that. You began to laugh, making him smile.

"You wish Teru. Anyway, I'm here for studying purposes," you replied, pulling out your phone to check the time, before returning it back.

"Ah y/n y/n, always so concerned about schoolwork and getting somewhere in life," once again, you laughed.

"Mm and what are you doing Yuji?" you asked. He smirked at your use of his first name. He loved it when you did that, so you used it very rarely to catch him off guard.

"Skipping out on work... but hey I was going to quit anyway and start Uni next year I swear!" he retorted. you both laughed and looked away from each other.

You both began taking your luggage onto the ship and set up your own rooms. You had planned to meet him again after dark, which was in 5 hours, so you made yourself at home and explored the ship for a while, taking mental notes of food places for dinner and breakfast and souvenir shops that you can buy things for your friends and families. Finally after a nice nap in your room and a small snack that you dubbed dinner, it was dark and you made your way out to the hallway and down the stairs to the common lounge. You saw the boy sitting on one of the couches drinking a cider and scrolling through his phone. He saw you and looked up and saw you and he smirked.

"Want a drink?" he asked and you shook your head. He shrugged and stood up, putting the now empty bottle in the bin. He grabbed your wrist and smirked. "I found a secret room, we so have to check it out!" he whispered before leading you towards the place.

"I'm not sure we should be snooping around in secret areas Teru," you whispered and he laughed and stopped walking.

"I'm well aware of that y/n, but that's why it's fun. I know you miss us hanging out and having a little fun," he whispered back and you smiled remembering when you both use to sneak into out bounds areas in middle school together, or when you both wagged your last class that you both hated on the last day of High School and got frozen drinks. That was also the day he confessed to you.

"Fine, but if we get caught I'm dumping the blame on you," you replied, the same way you use to as kids. He smiled.

"Typical," the two of you made your way around without getting seen and came to a room. It was a boarded off, but Terushima could open it up with ease and you both went in closing the door behind you. The two of you were confronted by a staircase down into a small room with a dim light. There wasn't much too the room, but it was actually kind of nice. The two of you looked around. You could feel the light movement of the waves beneath the boat. After about 10 minutes being in the room, the two of you had gotten a bit bored and went to leave, only to find the door you came in was locked.

"Shit," Terushima muttered under his breath. He began pounding on the door and yelling out for someone to come and get you out, but nothing happened and no one came. "Well, guess you're stuck in here with me for a while huh?" Terushima said, making you laugh. "We can do a lot of things while we're down here," he suggested, winking at you and cocking a brow. You rolled your eyes and slapped his arm.

"Oh shut it Teru," you said, a smile still finding it's way onto your face. The two of you sat on the top of the steps and you looked around as you both waited. As you studied the room, you could feel Terushima's gaze on you. You ignored it for as long as you could until you turned to him.

"Is there something wrong Teru?" you asked and he nodded. He reached over to you and gently gabbed your arm with one hand and pointed to the area just beneath your shoulder. You knew exactly what was there.

"What did he do?" he hissed, somewhat aggressively. You were somewhat impressed that he knew it was a scar left by your ex.

"It's nothing Teru, it's just what he does," you began before you stepped when Terushima shook his head.

"Yeah that's bullshit. I swear to god y/n, I'm going to bash this guy,"

"Teru nono it's fine!" you pleaded. "I don't talk to him anymore,"

"You know y/n... I know I shouldn't bring it up again, but if I was with you I wouldn't hurt you," he replied softly. You couldn't help but smile.

"I know you wouldn't Yuji," you replied, making him get flustered at being called his name. You took the chance to whisper an "I love you Yuji," then you grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pulling him in and slamming your lips against yours. You heard a gasp from his end, before it turned into a chuckle as he grabbed your waist to pull you closer to him and kissed you back. You both pulled away for a moment, for him to whisper a reply.

"I love you too y/n," he smiled a genuine smile towards you, before pulling you back to his lips, going in for another passionate kiss. You both finally pulled away and you were greeted by a huge smirk on his face.

"I told you that you could never resist me," you rolled your eyes and laughed. "So, when we get out of here, want to go back to your room?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at you suggestively.

"You left your keys in your room, didn't you?"

"I... what? No! I just thought we could... ok yes I did," he admitted, looking away from you and grumbling. You laughed and kissed his cheek.

"Typical,"

***

Author Notes

I wasn't sure how I'd handle writing Terushima, but this actually was kind of fun. He's not the most popular, but he is actually kind of cool in ways-

It's fun to write flirty characters (hence why I write wayyyy to much Denki-)

Also, I'm hopefully uploading again today, assuming I finish this one on time-