16-Kenma Kozume

~Story 16~
~Title: If Only You Were Here~
~Character: Kenma Kozume~
~Trope/AU: Online Friends~
~Warnings: Mild swearing,~
~Word Count: 1428~

***

"Kenma. There's four of them up our tails,"

"Same team?"

"No, all solos,"

"Head up to the mountain, let them kill each other, then we can gang up on the survivor,"

"Right,"

Kenma smiled to himself. He loved hearing your voice. He had been friends with you for nearly 3 years now. You both had met during a debate in the comments section of a YouTube video and got each other's discords. You both had never met each other in person, but you guys knew each other very well now after all the video calls, texting and gaming together. You both were currently playing a shooting game while on a discord call and you both were winning.

"Y/n, the last guys heading up, on my count shoot. 1-2-"

"Wait Kenma, there's one coming from the lake,"

"Shit,"

"If we shoot the other guy, our location will be blown and he and his partner will gang on us,"

"I know I know... what if we-" he began before being interrupted.

"KENMA! Lev made you those pop tarts but he burnt them," someone on Kenma's side said.

"Kuroo, shut up, I'm playing,"

"Is it y/n? HI Y/N!" you laughed at Kuroo's antics.

"Hey Kuroo," you yelled, knowing he probably wouldn't hear you since Kenma's wearing his headset.

"She said hey. Kuroo, can you just tell Lev not to worry about it? That's the last chocolate ones anyway so,"

"Yeah I know. You sure you don't want strawberry?"

"Yeah I am. Now go away Kuroo, we're in the middle of a game!"

"Ok ok," you heard footsteps leaving and you cracked up laughing. Kenma's friends sounded lovely.

"Sorry, uh, they close?" Kenma asked, directed back at you.

"They started fighting each other now there are only two players left,"

"Sweet, let's take them out and win this,"

~~~

"Kenma, you coming to practice?" Kuroo asked on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah I'm just finishing a round of Smash with y/n, give me a few minutes,"

"Kenma, practice started an hour ago,"

"Did it?"

"Yes."

"Ok ok I'll see you soon," Kenma replied, hanging up the phone. Once again, you laughed. You loved Kenma. He always amused you. After your game, you tried to convince him to go to practice, but he only did after a few more games. Kenma made his way to practice feeling really tired after his all-nighter with you. You lived fairly far away from Kenma, so your time zones were slightly out from each other, but you both loved gaming with each other so you both were fine with having an out of wack sleep schedule.

"Kenma! Took you long enough. Did you sleep at all?" Kuroo asked looking at his tired eyed friend.

"No, y/n and I played all night," Kenma replied bluntly, putting his bag down. Kuroo rolled his eyes.