14-Tobio Kageyama

~Story 14~
~Title: Milk Boxes~
~Character: Tobio Kageyama~
~Trope/AU: School Assignment~
~Warnings: Mild Swearing~
~Word Count: 1618~

***

"This assignment will be done in pairs," the teacher said. Quickly students began to whisper and mutter amongst each other. Kageyama felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see the orange haired boy behind him.

"We could work together?" he asked.

"You dumbass, we'd fail!"

"That's not true!" Kageyama gave him a look. "Mmm ok we would," the teacher cleared her throat and the class quieted up again.

"I will be choosing the pairs," she said which was followed by a choir of 'aww's from the disappointed students. The teacher began going through the names and Kageyama was silently hoping for anyone but you. Or Hinata.

"...y/n? You're with Kageyama," 'Fuck.' He thought. 'Why you of all people?'

~~~

Kageyama kicked the vending machine, muttering curses. He had put in his money and his milk never came out of the vending machine. It scammed him of his money and he was not having it.

"You stupid piece of sh-"

"Excuse me?" he stopped when he heard a voice. He turned and saw you. You stood there shyly holding your bag looking at him curiously. He had seen you before in class, but he didn't even know your name. But now as you stood there, he realised you were really pretty and he suddenly felt his cheeks go red for whatever reason. "Sorry, uh, I saw you were having troubles? I got one from here earlier, do you want mine?" you asked. He was unsure of what to say and before he could even process a response, you handed him your milk box. He hesitantly took it and you smiled. "Uh, I'm y/n by the way, nice to meet you," you said. He still didn't speak. You stood there awkwardly and eventually began to turn. He grabbed your arm.

"Wait! I'm sorry... I'm Tobio Kageyama. And uh, thank you," he said, a small smile on his face. You smiled back.

~~~

That was the first time you two had ever spoken and nearly a month ago now and you two haven't spoken since. Yet, every time he sees you, his face goes red and he gets weird feelings in his stomach that are often described as feeling like butterflies. He couldn't understand why it was happening to him. He wanted to talk to you again, he really did, but he was too shy too. it confused him. He's always been fairly vocal with people, even too much at times, but he just couldn't speak to you at all. But now he had to, and he wasn't sure if he could really handle that.

"He ok?" you asked the orange haired boy who seemed to be friend's with Kageyama. You had been standing there for a minute or so now and the whole classroom was now empty except for the three of you. Kageyama had been staring at the front of the classroom unmoving and you were slightly worried.

"Yeah, he's fine," Hinata replied. He pulled his phone out and copied something off it onto a piece of paper then handed it to you. "He'll come back to reality soon. That's his number," you thanked the boy and left. Hinata let out a laugh and hit the ravenette's shoulder. "You're a mess bakayama! You're going to have to talk to her at some point!" he hissed. Kageyama snapped out of his gaze, unknowing what was going on.

"Huh? What's happening? Where is everyone?"

Kageyama sat on the bench in the gym on his phone, drinking a milk box. His phone buzzed and he saw it was a message from an unknown number. He clicked it curiously and read it.