15

"SO WHERE DO YOU WANNA EAT?" suna asked her.

"honestly anywhere is fine. kinda want ramen not gonna lie." y/n said and he nodded his head.

"let's get instant ramen and then i'll take you somewhere else."

"like the one at that one gas station?"

"yep."

"yessss!"

suna watched as a wide smile went onto her face and he smiled back, looking back at the road.

'honestly when you smile at me like that i don't know how long i can wait pinky.'

about 10 minutes of them jamming to songs later, they pulled up to the gas station and y/n jumped up quickly and ran inside.

"IDIOT WAIT FOR ME DAMNIT!" suna shouted at her as she turned around and smiled yet again.

"hey rin can we get some snacks as well?" she asked him and he nodded.

"sweet!" she ran to the snack aisle.

while suna got the both of them some instant ramen, y/n began getting sunas favorite chips and her favorite chips as well. she felt someone watching her and she turned her head and saw suna standing with two cups of ramen and tiny sunglasses on upside down.

"rin..."

"do you not like my shades y/n? huh?" he asked her in a serious tone and she broke.

"OH MY GOD YOU LOOK SO STUPID ITS SO FUNNY!" she dropped the snacks and fell to the floor.

suna marched over to her and stomped his foot over and over on her back lightly as she laughed.

"OI STOP CAUSING A SCENE!" he shouted.

"oh man i really wish i recorded that." she said wiping a tear as she stood up.

she picked up the snacks and the duo went to a fridge and she grabbed two waters for them and went to the counter and paid.

they went into sunas car and he handed her the ramen cups and spent a few minutes eating there ramen before driving to another location.

it was a park with a small hill going up to a forest and she smiled.

"i used to come here all the time as a kid with ami and haru!" she said with a smile on her face.

"i still come here with the twins sometimes." suna said getting out of the car and grabbed the blanket out of the basket.

y/n got out of the car and grabbed the drinks and snacks and they walked over to the hill behind the playground and climbed up it and set there things up by a tree, but still having a good enough view of the sky.

once they were done, y/n smirked and went closer to suna and quickly tapped his shoulder.

"tag you're it." she ran as fast as she could and he dramatically gasped.

"OH ITS ON PINKY!"

he ran down the hill after her, both of them almost falling, and she run up the playground, with him close behind, and slid down the slide and ran. suna followed her and eventually caught up to her and grabbed her from behind and pulled her back so her back collided with his chest.

"i got you."

those three words, even though they were only meant for the little game she started, they meant much more to y/n than she thought.

growing up without a father showing you how to love in this world, how love should look like in this world, was hard, but of course her mom played both roles very well and raised y/n to be independent. but yet those three words suna uttered to her, made her feel vulnerable, yet so warm.