10 Things I Hate About You

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Fem!Reader

Written: April 19th, 2021

Posted: April 19th, 2021

Warning: Swearing, Mentions of alcohol, dive bar, mentions of misogyny, Fluff.

Word Count: 1,840

Summary: Loosely based on the movie 10 Things I Hate About You

"Come on, Buck

"Come on, Buck." Steve groaned while he shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. "You haven't dated since the forties. Don't you think it's time to get back out there?" He nudged his friend's shoulder as they continued walking side by side down the sidewalk.

The bitter night breeze met the slight barrier of their leather jackets, that slightly reflected the street lights.

Bucky huffed, shaking his head slightly. "I don't know.."

Steve sighed. "She won't go out with me unless her best friend has someone to go out with too."

"Tragic story," Bucky spoke rolling his eyes. "But I don't see what that has to do with me."

"Well...." Steve's voice trailed off as he reached up scratching the back of his neck. Once they walked to the bar, both men came to a halt standing awkwardly before one another. Each man giving his tell of anxiety. Bucky, glanced down at his gloved covered hands, as he fidgeted with the seams. While Steve, reached for the back of his neck scratching it.

"Well... You.. You see.." Steve shifted from foot to foot as he attempted to piece together words that wouldn't bring Bucky to alert. "She's.." Letting out a huff, he furrowed his eyebrows together as his shoulders slumped forward in defeat. "She's not like a typical girl."

"I...I don't know how to explain her to you-" Steve gave up his attempt. "Come on, see for yourself." Opening the door, Steve led Bucky towards the stools you and Sharon were sitting.

"Here, let's sit here and you can form your own opinion of her." Steve spoke, flagging the bartender as they sat on the side of the bar with the ability to watch anything unfold.

"Come on, Y/N." Sharon groaned. "Give him a chance."

Scoffing, you rolled your eyes. Lifting your drink to your mouth, you attempted to ignore her pleads.

"I...I just want you to be happy." She frowned as her eyes filled with sorrow.

"What makes you think I'm not happy?" You questioned raising an eyebrow at her, as you felt your eyebrows furrow together.

"It's just-"

Cutting her off, one of the many sleazy men that had been ogling your best friend had decided now would be the time for him to make a move.