A Little Party Never Killed Anybody

Great Gatsby AU

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Fem!Gatsby!Reader

Written: May 17th, 2021

Posted:

Warning: Mentions of Alcohol.

Word Count: 1,678

Author's Note: Steve and Bucky come back from the war, and it's based in 1920, not 1940.

Cat's Pajamas: Anything good, the best, the greatest.

High-Hat: To Snub, be Snotty.

Summary: The reader meets Two soldiers that Jay befriended in the army. Fluff

Groaning, you pulled into the driveway

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Groaning, you pulled into the driveway. As per usual, the house was filled with party-goers. The house was so luminescent, that you could see the lights from miles away.

It wasn't long before one of the many butlers that your brother employed greeted you.

"Good evening, miss Gatsby." He stood beside your car door, waiting for any form of instruction.

"Good evening." You grinned, exiting the car. "I'm assuming my brother is brooding as per usual." You spoke tugging off your gloves.

"Yes, he is, miss Gatsby." He nodded.

Exhaling a huff, you nodded. "Of course he is." Turning toward the house, you felt dread wash over you. The jazz band's music danced through the air as people danced along.

"I suppose I should get going then." You spoke as your voice broke.

Making your way towards the stairs, you were abruptly stopped by the butler.

"Wait, miss Gatsby!"

Furrowing your eyebrows together in confusion, you turned slightly allowing yourself to gaze at him.

"Yes?"

Clearing his throat, he adjusted his collar. "Mr. Gatsby told me not to tell you-"

"Is that so?" You questioned raising an eyebrow.

"He invited Two of his friends from the war-"

Cutting him off with a groan, you rolled your eyes grumbling to yourself.

"I think you might find their presence refreshing..." He muttered, quickly getting in your car and taking it to the garage.

Standing on the steps stunned, you hummed in thought.

One of the many drunken party-goers stumbled behind you.

"Gatsby's party is the Cat's Pajamas!" He bellowed holding his arms out as if to show.

Jumping, you felt your heart race as you were startled by the sudden booming voice.

Scoffing, you stomped into the house. It became much more of a hassle to dodge drunken people. Wherever you walked, it reeked of alcohol.

Bucky Barnes Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें