26 | EPIŁØGUE |

Next day.

"Mom why is she still not awake?" A tensed Shivaay asked his mother in law about his wife who didn't wake up the whole day, for nth time.

"Don't worry Shivaay she'll get up" she assured.

"When?"

"Bas Bhaiyaa!!! Please stop freaking out like this. Bhabhi is fine, she is just sleeping." Rudra winced.

"Exactly Bhai. He is right. You should stop freaking out" Om said.

"But....."

"Bhabhi!!" He snapped his head turning towards her went Priyanka's voice hit his ear. He rushed to her and help her sitting up arranging the pillows behind her.

Celestina sat beside her and caressed her head. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. What happened to me? I am fine"

Others were not surprised as they were already informed that she won't remember her behaviour after the powers are bestowed.

"Anika...." he sat beside her but her eyes only widen. She slide right a little.

"You.... I.... do you...." she was out of words

"I told them everything Anika" she looked at everyone who just nodded their heads with a smile.

"Don't you all have any problem?" She asked for a confirmation.

Daadi sat beside her pulling away Shivaay and cupped her face. "No darling. Why will we have any problem. I always loved you and will love you for ever. I don't care you are a human or Mermaid. You are a pure soul that's what we want"

She looked at everyone who were just smiling at her but she had a straight face which expressed nothing. She jumped off the bed from the other side without uttering a word, confusing others.

She exhaled before speaking "So you all know who I am?" All nodded their heads.

"Good then. I don't need to lie for leaving" she walked out of the room. The smile everyone had just dropped. Everyone rushed out.

"Anika wait" she was asked to stop in the hall by Shivaay.

"Why are you leaving when we have no problem with the truth. I agree you shouldn't hide it but we understand that. So why?"

"You said you know it."

"Yes but...."

"But what Shivaay? I not a simple mermaid, I am the Queen. I have responsibilities. I can't back off"

"Yes darling but you can handle everything from here"

"Really mom? Then why didn't you do the same?"

"Cause I am not powerful as you. I was not capable enough to do so"

"Mom you know a Queen's presence matters."

"But...." she wasn't allowed to say further as Anika showed her palm and ask her to stop.

"You have gave me this responsibility and also taught me to never back off from it. So now I am doing that and no one is gonna stop me"

She turned to go but Aarav stopped her.

"Won't you think of your father who waited for 25 damn years for you?"

She looked at him for a while and again turned to go.

"Bhabhi please don't go. We want you"

"Just don't Rudra. Let her go"