11- it hurts to be this hot

Start from the beginning

"to be fair, dear, you did come up behind her." tiziano spoke, taking in a spoonful of soup. "you know how she shoots from different ends of the kitchen like a ping pong ball when food's done, trying to clean up or set the meal out."

"what?! dont you tell me you're siding with her on this!"

"im not on anyones side. im just saying what i saw."

gritting his teeth with nothing left to say, squalo stormed out of the kitchen and stomped up the stairs with soaked clothes and dirty shoes, cursing to himself as he went to what you guessed was his room.

tiziano didnt run after him like he normally would, trying to calm him down and such, and merely continued his meal with a slight frown. "say, where were you taking that bowl of food?"

your head perked up from where you crouched, handful of glass sitting in your hand as though it was harmless cotton. "mister cioccolata seems busy tonight, so i thought that i should bring him his dinner so he doesnt go hungry while he works."

"hmm, how considerate..." he hummed, sliding over a free bowl with a smile ghosting his face. "here, you can take this one to him. i have a feeling squalo will be skipping dinner tonight."

"o-oh, are you sure? i can always make another batch of food for mister squalo-"

"really, it's alright. now go on before someone runs into you again."

nodding with thanks, you stumbled over to the free bowl and picked it up with care, forced to cradle it in your arms thanks to your weak hands-- which dumped out the glass beforehand.

fortunately, cioccolatas office wasn't too far down the hall, and you got there incredibly easy (though Pink Floyd had to keep you up after you stumbled a few times), finding that secco had finished his fill once you were inside.

it seemed cioccolata was nowhere to be seen, maybe out to use the bathroom, or like usual, preying on some innocent person right outside.

"hey, are you still hungry?" you asked, looking down at the dog of a human at your feet. "if you would like, i can make you some more food."

he shook his head, and continued to tug at the ends of your skirt, asking and asking again for the sugar he'd probably not receive. 

"no, darling, no sugar for you unless i receive explicit permission from cioccolata to give it to you, ok?" it was hard not to laugh at his pleadful expression, the little pout he made with his lips as his cheeks puffed out, but you managed. "i'll just leave his food on his table... and secco, please dont spill it, ok?"

agitated, but understanding, he nodded and watched you walk back out of the office, peeking through the crack you left in the door to watch you venture back down the hall and up the stairs.

ever since earlier this morning, when cioccolata replayed the security tape, he'd been wary of you. really, it wasn't like you were frail or small, as there was definitely some muscle in your arms and legs, but he'd never have guessed that you could throw an adult man down the stairs, let alone get off to it.

two things he learned quickly was to not piss you off, and that you were, at the very least, trustworthy. secco would most likely not have to worry about the earlier, given you're indebted to the boss and wouldn't lay a hand on them, so he could maybe scratch that off his list of troubles.

though, there was the issue of cioccolata wanting you apart of the team, he thought, which would allow you and everyone else to see each other as equals, not servant and masters. this would give you more opportunities to be what you truly are, whatever that may be.

maybe a simple sniper with the occasional bloodlust, perhaps a blood thirsty trigger-happy maniac. he wouldnt be able to tell until it actually happened.

if one thing was for sure, you were dedicated, and strong-willed. from what secco put together, you were someone anyone could rely on, unless they were an ass to you...

however, the only thing he doesnt understand is his companions infatuation. it was definitely odd.

with a simple click of a few keys on the keyboard, secco was able to pull up a camera feed from inside your room. 'to make sure she doesnt do something shady' cioccolata insists. 'we dont know if we can trust her.'

but secco knows cioccolata already trusts you entirely, so why the creepy actions?

--------

im so sorry i havent updated in forever, i never knew how to pick up where i left off :'(

and i apologize, filia caramalla, for never putting up your fan art until now! thank you so much for these! <3

first off, we have some lovely watercolor of watermelon sugar! (honestly, you're too good at this)!

lowkey wanna make it my background for my phone, and lowkey might--

like awooga?? it looks exactly how i imagined?? girl you is too talented

secondly, also from filia, is this adorable fan art of the squad and herself! sooo cuteeee <333!!!!

honestly, youre such an amazing artist, and im so happy you take the time to draw some fanart for my fics! it means the world to me!