chapter 15

"Does anyone wants to go with me to Walmart?"
"Mee."
"Can I go too?"
"Sure."
"Okay, bye you two, we'll be back soon."

"Teslaa."
"Okay."
I opened them doors and closed when they sat in.
I walked to my doors and sat in the car and buckled up.
"Buckled your seat belts?"
"Yep."
"Yeah."
"Okay, let's go then."
We listened to the music on the radio and sang all the songs, until I parked in front of Walmart.

"Carefully!"
I yelled after them when they started running to the doors of the store.
They grabbed cart and waited for me.
"Can I sit in?"
"I want too!"
"Okay, if they yell at us it's your fault."
"Yay."
They climbed in and sat in the cart.
We, well, I walked around the store with them sitting in cart, grabbing all the stuff we needed for the lunch.
"Daddy can you buy us lollipops?"
"Yeah, so you get tooth decay? Hell no."
"Pleaseee."
"Pleasee daddy?"
"Ugh, okay. What flavors do you guys want?"
"Apple."
"Cherry."
I put them in cart too and then walked to the cashier.

When we paid everything they got out of cart and we walked to our car. I put the bags on the front seat while they got in the back, with their lollipops in the mouth.
"Easter is in two weeks."
"Yeah."
"Wow."
"Dad what are you going to be for Halloween this year?"
"Hmm, dad?"
"Oh come on, you can't be serious. You gotta dress up."
"We have time until the Halloween."
"But you go to the party?"
"Yeah, I'll be there."
"M'kay."

"We're homee!"
"Yeah, we heard you guys."
I sat everything on the kitchen island and started getting it out of bags.
Just as Mason got on the island chair Michael and Josie pulled him out, calling him to play with them.
I helped Lexi make everything while she was silent the whole time.
"Babe is everything okay?"
"Yeah."
She shortly answered. What did I do now?
"Are you sure? Are you mad at me?"
"No, everything's fine. Go call kids so we can eat like a family."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"What?"
"Why did you say it like that?"
I narrowed my eyebrows.
"Like a family?"
I said in mocking tone. I don't fucking know what's happening right now.
"Just go call kids, you're making unnecessary drama."
I frowned, looking down, while I clenched my jaw and walked out to call kids to eat.

While we ate, we haven't really talked much except when kids said something stupid making us laugh. I really don't get it why is she mad at me.
I wanted to clean the dishes so she doesn't need to be bothered by it, but she stopped me.
"I will clean them, you can go."
"W- No. I wanna do the dishes so I'll do them. You're already working too much in this house, like you're a maid or something. Go, sit down, spend time with kids, why can't you even let me do something good?"
"Jaden. I'll clean the fucking dishes."
She said through gritted teeth. I just don't get it.
"Okay, great. Do the fucking dishes."
I said throwing my hands in the air and moving away from the place. I walked upstairs to out room and sat at the edge of the bed. I put my elbows on my knees and my hands were in fists, but my thumbs pressing the bridge of my nose.

I clenched my jaw just at the thought. What did I do now? She's okay with kids, but when it comes to talking to me she gets all mad and angry. I don't think I did anything, and even if I did what could be so bad that she doesn't want to talk to me.
I could hear them all laughing downstairs.
I'm not going there tonight, since she's obviously very mad.

Hours passed and I just laid in our bed, staring at the ceiling. I was just trying to figure out what got her so mad, but nothing came on my mind.
"Come downstairs to eat pizza."
"I'm not hungry."
"Don't bullshit me Jaden, come downstairs."
"I am not hungry. Do you want me to repeat it once again? I'm alright here, let me be, since you don't want to talk to me."
She just closed the doors and walked downstairs.

Probably a little over half of hour later, room doors opened.
I knew it was her.
Once they closed, I saw here standing in the middle of the room with her arms folded over her chest.
"Why are you staring at me now?"
"We need to talk."
"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?"
"I am being serious right now."
I got up and sat at the edge of the bed.
"Okay, talk, because I don't know what is this about."
I sat there with my elbows on my knees and looked at her.
She handed me few papers before backing away.
"Don't try raising your voice because I don't want kids to listen to us yelling. They already saw we are not talking."
"Yeah because you don't want to talk to me. I'd talk to you if you could've told me what happened. And what is this?"
I waved with the papers before opening them to read.

"Lexi what is this?"
I asked starting to bounce up my leg as I started reading the papers.
"Those are papers for divorce."
My heart started racing faster while it also sunk at the same time.
She wants divorce? She's leaving me? She's not in love with me anymore? Is she going to take kids away from me? What did I do so she doesn't love me anymore? Is this why she doesn't want one more kid? Did she find someone else? I thought we were happy and healthy family.
"W-What?!"
"Do not raise your voice, I already told you."
"You want divorce?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"You can find yourself a lawyer. You'll need a good one though, because I got myself one of the best."
"Tell me why? Do you not love me anymore?"
I got up from the bed with so much anger and pain in my body.
I can't believe it.
"I thought we said this is forever?"
Tears started filling my eyes as I stood heart broken and confused in the middle of the room.
"Yeah, well it's not anymore. I want divorce."
"Why? What's the reason of this? You don't love me? You found new one? Am I not good enough anymore? You're just going to throw away the 16 years we've been together?"
I could see the pain in her eyes.
Why is she in pain now, when she's the one wanting the divorce.
"Tell me."
I got closer to her. I need to know the reason why the love of my life wants to leave me. What did I do?
"Just yesterday you told me you love me. What the fuck is this now?"
I don't even know how I managed not to yell. I just didn't want kids listening. I put my hand on the side of her neck and my thumb was on her cheek; our faces close to each other while I tried to read her eyes.
"Tell me why."
Tears rolled down my face. She just shook her head, while I could see tears go down her face too.
"Tell me that you don't love me. Tell me that this was all fake. Tell me that you have someone else. Tell me. Because the only thing you're wanting with this is to hurt me. So hurt me. Do what you want. I'm not going to stop you."
My forehead pressed against hers as she tried pushing me away, shaking her head while crying.
"Okay, I'll leave. You get the house. I'm not going to take it away from you. We bought it for our family, now I'm the one being pushed away, but I'm not going to take things away from you and kids."
I walked away, walking in our closet and started grabbing a suitcase to place my stuff in. I saw her walk in behind me.
"Jaden I'm sorry."
"No, it's fine. It's fine. It's my fault for making you fall out of love, if you ever even were."
"Do you want to know the truth?"
"Yes."
"This is serious, do you wanna know it?"
"Yes Alex."
"Okay then,"

°°°°°°°°°°

A/N Sorry for the cliffhanger.
My heart is breaking, bye.
Bitch I really searched up when is Easter in 2036. 💀
Butttt, don't hate me. Just tell me what do you think it's reason?