chapter 14

I picked up Mason and Lexi picked up Josie and we walked in the house.
We walked upstairs and placed kids in their beds.
Mason mumbled something while I covered him with blanket.
"Dad?"
He mumbled one again.
"Shh, just sleep, okay?"
He nodded before I kissed him and walked out the room.
"Why don't you go take a nap too Mikey?"
Lexi asked him playing with his hair as she stood in front of him.
You could see how tired both of them were in their eyes.
"I think I will."
He said rubbing his eyes.
"Okay."
She kissed his forehead hugging him for a little before letting him go.
"Good night guys."
"Night bud."
"Night baby."
He walked upstairs and Lexi made her way to me.
"What's up beautiful?"
"Let's go sleep too. I'm tired, and I bet you are too."
"Yeah, c'mon."
I picked her up in bridal style and walked upstairs.
"Jaden I'm heavy, let me down."
"You're not. If you were I wouldn't pick you up."
I set her down in the bed, walked to the doors to close them and then laid beside her.
I laid my head on her chest, hearing her heartbeat. The sound of it made me fall asleep in less than 5 minutes.

We woke up, well I woke up at 7pm.
I groaned walking out of the room and making my way downstairs.
"Hi dad."
"Hey sweetie."
My arm was wrapped around her as my hand was on the side of her face while I bent down and kissed her nose and then head.
I messed up Michael's hair and sat on the sofa beside.
"Guys I made dinner."
Lexi walked in the living room.
That woman. Even if she's in dying stage she'd get up to make sure we have a good meal. That's how much she loves her kids, and how much she loves me. That's how much she loves us - her family.
Kids got up and kissed her cheek before running off to kitchen.
"Did you talk to your parents today?"
"No, not yet."
"Call them."
She said while nodding her head a little and giving me simpathetic smile.
"I will."
I got up and hugged her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.
"You're so strong and amazing."
I whispered in her ear and kissed her head.
She hasn't really let out her feelings, or pain to be exact, when her father died. She's always be the person to bottle them up instead to sit with her pain. But we are all doing it, and we all have different coping mechanism. Yet it's been two years. And her grandparents also died quite a time now. From both of her sides. Person can't say it didn't affect them even a little when you loved them so hard. But she managed to stay strong.
"Can I get in hug too?"
Mason's voice filled the silence in the room.
He walked in the hug, hugging Lexi as he stood between us and I hugged both of them.
"Okay, let's eat now until it's cooled down completely."
We walked in the kitchen and sat to eat with Josie and Michael.

"On Wednesday you are going to your grandma for few days."
"Why?"
"I'm going on a business trip and your mom is going with me, so your grandma is going to take care of you."
"Okay."
"Can we know where are you guys going?"
Mason asked, interested, while his mouth was full with food and he chew on it.
"Chicago."
"Oh. Well then I'm not even that sorry that we are not going with you guys. We've been there so many times."
Josie shrugged her shoulders, placing her fork in her mouth.
"Yeah, that's exactly why you aren't going."
Lexi said chuckling.
We continued talking and then when we finished I decided to wash dishes, because Lexi has already been doing so much for us.
"It's okay babe, you can go watch TV with kids, I'll wash them."
She tapped my lower back, trying to make me move so she could do the dishes.
"No, I got it."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, go to the living room, I'll be there in few minutes."
She nodded kissing my cheek and walking out of kitchen.

Once I was finished I walked to the living room. They were all watching TV and cuddling.
"Come dad!"
Josie motioned me to lay next to her.
Mason was on left side of Lexi, Michael on her right and Josie was leaning on Michael. It was such a lovely sight to see them all together like that. It makes my heart warm up.
They covered me with blanket as I was laying on her belly and they played the movie.
She played with my hair, trying make braids and all the stuff she wanted through the whole movie, making me sleepy again.
I don't think any of us even saw the end of the movie because we all fell asleep.

"Ughh, can you turn that down?"
Michael groaned, and then I noticed that my phone is ringing.
I got up and grabbed it, answering the call.

"Hey Bryce."
"Dude, where are you? You literally missed the meeting. I called you five times."
"Shit, I fell asleep."
"Yeah, I kinda realized."
"What happened?"
"Nothing, we moved it for tomorrow at 11 am."
"What time even is it now?"
I pinched the bridge of myh nose and closed my eyes while moving my phone from my ear. I don't think I even know where I currently am.
"Dude it's past eleven already."
"Shit. Okay, I gotta wake everyone up. We fell asleep watching the movie."
"Okay, say hi to them. Bye."
"I will, bye."

"Hey, hey, babe, kids, wake up."
I started waking them up, shaking them a little. It's 11:20.
"Mm shut up dad."
"Go away."
"It's 11:20, you can't sleep this long."
Lexi immediately jumped up, making Michael and Mason fall down on the bed and Josie that was laying on Michael's shoulder fell along with them.
"Oww!"
"Momm."
"Ugh."
"Shit why didn't you wake me up earlier?"
She rubbed her forehead while trying to wake up.
"I just woke up too, I missed my meeting."
"Fuck. Kids get up right now, everyone in showers."
They all groaned and got up with their eyes still closed and their bed heads.
Josie walked up to me, wrapping herself around my torso.
"Daddy to I need to shower?"
She whined, holding onto my arm.
"Yes you do sweetie. Go and shower, it'll help you to wake up a little."
I caressed her hair, running my hands through it.
"Ughhh, can you bring me to my room? Pleaseee daddyy?"
I picked her up and walked upstairs to her room. I set her on the floor while making my way to her shower.
"Okay, get undressed, I turned on your shower."
She groaned taking off her shirt.
I kissed her head and walked out of bathroom, closing the doors.

Lexi was already showering when I walked into our room, so I found her some clothes and then walked back downstairs. I need to go shopping for some food for today, because no one will be here in next few days and the house is already almost empty.
I walked back upstairs and heard  the shower wasn't turned on anymore.
I opened the bathroom door and walked inside, where she was brushing her hair.
"Oh, hey."
"Hey. I'm gonna shower quickly and then I'll go to buy some food for today, because we don't really need to fill up all cabinets and fridge because we won't be here next few days."
"Oh, okay. What are you going to buy?"
"I don't even know, what are we going to make for lunch and dinner today?"
"I don't know, I thought we could eat pizza for dinner today, and maybe, I don't know, chicken salad and whatever."
"Okay then, I'll buy everything that we need, and then help you make it."
I said placing my hands on her waist.
"Mhm."
Her eyes trailed down my body, stopping on my boxers.
"Eyes up here love."
I pulled up her chin and smirked at her before placing kiss on her nose and walking in the shower.

°°°°°°°°°°

A/N Any predictions to the business trip? I really wanna hear your ideas, even though I already have everything planned for it.