Chapter 6

Layla POV

I wake up at 6:30 I showered fast and got the kids ready we get in the car and drive to Laconna's and Amanda's house. 

We get to the small white two story house that I absolutely love

We get to the small white two story house that I absolutely love. Grabbing the bag I packed for the kids getting the kids out, before we walk to the door I kneel down and look at Keagan and Kyson "please  be good watch your brother and sister "  giving Keagan a serious look then look at the booth of them "and please to don't bring up your dad I don't want them to know about him." They both shook there head in understanding  saying "ok momma I love you" Kissing them on there heads. I look at Kayla she's playing with her toy.

Walking up to the door I knock feeling really nervous waiting at the door, a young brunette in a blue sundress answers the door she looks just like Amanda to me. 

She invites us in I introduce the kids Kyson was afraid, Kayla didn't care and Keagan was unsure of her he was cautious, after she shows me the house and I tell her all of there stuff is in the bag.

The kids were playing together in the living room Laconna looks at me "Your kids are beautiful and so sweet they'll be fine I'll call you if anything happens but I doubt it" she laughs.

"I'm sure they'll be fine thank you again I'll be back in a few hours bye" ask I walk out of the house. 

Driving to the diner I walk in and see Amanda serving food to a bunch of big guys in leather vest. 

After she leads me to her office walking to her office behind her I fell out paper work she trains me on everything in the diner taking orders, cleaning, meeting the other waitress the two cooks and take out and online orders. It went by super fast it was already 1pm we order food at the diner sitting in a booth talking  and getting to know each other. She asked me about my kids and where I lived before I answered her questions  but I avoided the ones about California and Carson she wanted to ask about the kids dad but before she could I asked about her "How many kids do you have?" and "How long have you owned the diner?"

she started "I have 4 kids 3 boys and 1 girl Laconna is the baby."

"My husband bought this place 15 years ago I almost lost it 5 years ago but my oldest son helped me save it." She smiled at the reminder.

"How old are your kids?" asked curiously. 

She smiled "Abel my oldest is 27, Isiah my second oldest is 25, Lucas my third is 22 and Laconna my baby is 18."

"My Kayla is the same way" I smiled at her.

We finish eating and we get back to work a few hours later. She looks at "We can start cleaning up for the day." About an hour later we get done We walk to our cars and I follow Amanda to her house. 

...

Authors note : How did you like it? Comment and vote what you think?