CHAPTER 22: That ends it.

Start from the beginning

“I missed you! Why aren’t you answering my texts and my calls?” She pouted.

“I… I’m sorry. My mind is messed up.”

“Aww. So, are you and Greyson okay now?” She asked; hope is visible in her tone.

I looked down and tighten my grip on the glass I’m holding. “No.”

“Have you two talked?”

I lifted my head and caught her gaze. “No.”

“But why?”

“I need to talk to some people first before talking to him. I need to know their side before Greyson’s.”

“Wait… Other people? Like, Lauren?”

I sighed. “Yeah.”

“What? When?”

“I can’t tell you, Alexa. I’m sorry.”

She sighed. “Okay. But, are you coming back here?”

“No. I’ll stay with Nikki.” I smiled weakly.

“U-until when?”

“To be honest, Alexa? I don’t know if I’ll come back here.”

Alexa’s eyes widen. “What?” She exclaimed. “No. You can fix this problem. I’m telling you. You can. Please don’t give up on him.” Alexa pleaded.

“Don’t give up on him?” I muttered bitterly. “But what if he’s the one who give up on me first? Should I still hold on? No. I wouldn’t let my pride get fucked up.”

“But you love him.” Alexa said quietly.

“But does he feel the same?”

“Of course! He just lost his memory but I know he is still the same Greyson who loved you-- the one who did everything just to see you smile.”

“I don’t feel it.” I stood up and placed the glass of juice—that I didn’t even drink—on top of the center table. “I need to go. I just came here to see how you’re doing and to make you see I’m doing fine. Bye, Alexa.” I turned my back from her but she grabbed my wrist and turned me to face her.

“Hold on. Please.” Alexa’s eyes and voice are pleading.

I sighed. “Please don’t tell Greyson I came here.” She loosened her grip on my wrist and nodded.

“Bye.” I said and then I walk out of the house.  I’m thanking no paparazzi are roaming around the house ‘cause if there’s some, I’m doomed.

I ignited my car and was about to drive off when my phone rang.

xxxx-xxxx-xxx calling…

Unregistered number?

I slid my thumb across the screen to answer it. I press the phone onto my cheek. “Hello?”

“Hey there.”

I gritted my teeth upon hearing the annoying little voice of Lauren on the other line. “What?” I said rudely.

“Woah there. Calm down.” I heard her chuckle. “I just wanted to make sure you’re coming.”

“What if I don’t?”

“Well that means you’re giving up Greyson and you don’t love him anymore. And that he’s free to come back to me.”

The thought of them getting back together made my heart twitch.

I took a deep breath before speaking. “No. I’ll come.”