4 Production manager

Start from the beginning

  Skinny saw manager was depressed and self-medicated with alcohol. Hewielded a considerable amount of influence in the factory. A good friend of Arnieand Hooligan, he could not be blackmailed for was good friends with Arnie andHooligan and was not afraid to slander anyone behind their back. His rise toprominence was something of a mystery of life. The production manager could not get his head around the fact such anidiot became a manager even though it was no one else but the productionmanager himself who has had promoted the saw manager due to lack of better candidates,spoke to him because there was no one else to talk to and wondered how on earthsuch a moron achieved so much in his life. As far as the production managercould tell the whole thing was nothing short of unexpected.

There was nothing unexpected about the woodshop manager.

An over-ambitious idiot hell bend on becoming a managing director, the woodshop manager had been dealt a serious blow when the managing director has had become the managing director. Misfortunes never come singly and soon after woodshop manager's aspirations had been dealt a second blow of equally devastating proportions. He has had found out that the only way to apply for the position of a managing director was through the managing director himself as he was the only man qualified enough to assess any potential candidate's suitability for his own position, which was not even considered ever since the company was doing great and he was no in no rush to change his job. It was a bitter pill to swallow and the woodshop manager came to a startling realization. He was a victim of unfair treatment. His retribution against the business was a labor of love. He exercised his rights to complain in writing and denounced every man in the factory of imaginary breaches of professional conduct. The breaches were imaginary and none of the men in the factory was a professional.

HR department had to deal with every case on an individual basis. The process was sped up thanks to the Microsoft office copy-paste function. It helped to determine that the witnesses the woodshop manager could not produce, were compromised, the evidence he quoted, was inconclusive and testimonies, if any, conflicting. This policy of fairness enraged Woodshop manager who was convinced there was a widespread conspiracy against him involving all members of the management team. The observation was mostly correct. Whoever did not hate him just yet, was about to start and once started, would do so from the bottom of his heart. Surrounded by such hostile reception woodshop manager has had sought the help of a local psychologist who told him that it was up to him to build healthy working relationships. Such an uncompromised stance of a mental health professional has had serious repercussions for the business. Woodshop manager grew suspicious his psychologist was on the company's payroll. It made him very suspicious of everyone, especially his psychologist. He continued to blame the negative atmosphere surrounding him on lack of transparency in the recruitment process and has had started collecting evidence against the company in case the company would start collecting evidence against him. The company indeed has had started collecting evidence against him. Most of this evidence was provided by the Woodshop manager himself, who thought that providing his employer with a detailed history of his mental health issues was an act of a perfectly rational mind. There was logic to his madness. If the company would rid of him he expected to win in every employment tribunal. If the company choose to keep him he was free to carry on with his vendetta forever. It was a win-win situation and no one cared about it more than the Production manager who had the unhealthy feeling that the woodshop manager wanted his job. The dots were there for everyone to see and all the Production manager had to do was simply connect them with engineering precision. For the woodshop manager to land the job of a production manager would mean to reinforce his credentials as a serious candidate for the position of managing director. The next step would be to wait patiently for the managing director's death. But the managing director was not particularly interested in his own death. The only thing he was really interested in was the company's growth. Production manager associated growth with Viagra though he kept denying vigorously in front of his disappointed wife that he suffered from erectile dysfunctionality. His disappointed wife thought he just suffered from dysfunctionality, something he also kept denying vigorously, pointing out his stellar career as a perfect example of his undeniable talent and even more undeniable intelligence. His wife was not convinced but it did not matter because he was. He was convinced that the woodshop manager was after his job and all the signs in heaven and in the earth could not be more reassuring than an email from HR which the production manager received in the morning and kept gawking at with a great deal of puzzlement. The email read: "Important! Company's Policy. Please, be advised that Rosato is a family-owned business and does not engage in political discourse nor provide a platform for others to do so. The company's policy clearly states that we do not discriminate against people of any ethnic background, religion, or nationality. It was brought to our attention that a man's toilet on the ground floor may be a source of discriminatory activity. Please investigate it as a matter of urgency. Kind regards. Lucy Faulkner, head of HR."