The Situations

"...it still hasn't hatched?" Head Caretaker Nethála asked her assistant as she looked at the sapphire colored dragon egg. "Yes Ms. Nethála, all the other eggs hatched for their riders except for this one, again." Assistant Nathen said. "Do you think it's a dead egg? We've presented it to like ten groups of next generation riders and it still has yet to hatch."

"There is no way it can be dead. There is life swirling inside of it's shell. I just don't understand why it won't hatch." Nethála kneeled down and brought her self closer to the egg. "Why haven't you hatched yet little one? Who is it that you are waiting for?" As she looked into it's sapphire shell, she could see her own reflection across it's surface.

Outside the hatchery, the new young riders were either playing or bonding with their new dragons as they threw a few toys, and pieces of food for the small winged lizards. Accompanying them was an elder rider who was their teacher and assigned guardian as they matured.

Watching the student brought Traval many great memories from fifty years back when he was just a boy, as received his dragon Ashima. His pearl white dragoness laid right behind him as she watched the little dragonets playing with their rider. 'Feels like fifty years ago doesn't it?' She looked to her rider who looked at her in response. "It sometime it's been longer than that Ashima."

'I miss those day. When I could cuddle into their bunk and you could hold me in your arms...those were some good times.'

"Good times indeed." Traval responded as he rubbed under her chin, making her purr in response. They had been with each other for fifty years now and they're established a strong passionate bond with each other over those many years. Now they were assigned as guardians for future generations of new riders and this was now their third batch they have been assigned. 'Should we move on? It's getting late.' Ashima noted as Traval looked out at the sun up in the sky. "Nah, we have plenty of time. Let the young one's get attached to their dragons first." Ashima hummed with acknowledgment and laid her triangular head down next to her rider.

"Bandits! Bandits! Bandits approaching from the hills!" Someone began screaming in panic making everyone stop what they were doing and focus on the hillside. A large mass of movement began approaching as the rumbling of horse calvary echoed through the land.

'They are humans, with no banner or match in uniform.' Ashima told Traval who drew out his sword. "Protect the young ones! I'll warn the Caretakers!"

Alarms bells and ear horns began to echo through the town as the residence began to shut their houses and guards of the defensive forces began to rush out to defend the town. "Hold your ground men!" Their commanding officer ordered from his horse back. His men were armed with likes as they awaited for the charging calvary. "Halberdiers bring weapons to bear! Make sure they do not break past our lines!" The guards began to lower their halberds as the bandit Calvert began charging.

From the bandit's side, their leader knew they would use such weapons as they were effective against their calvary. However thanks to the Renaissance Kingdom, they were given a brand new weapons to deal with the problem. "Remember men, weaken their defensive forces and then retreat for a second attack! Once they begin evacuating, we surprise attack them and pillage their riches and the eggs!" The men behind him cheered in delight as they were driven by the sweet taste of loot.

"Wheellocks to bear!" From his chest he pulled out one of the many new wheellock pistols that have been supplied to them as other bandits in the charge did the same, drawing one of their own many wheellocks.