Chapter 33: The End

Start from the beginning

He saw my fears and anxiousness and immediately engulfed me in a hug.
"Our peanut is okay. I told him to fight for us and help you wake up. I see this little boy or girl is already good at listening to his dad. But his mom is such a troublesome woman. Who told you take that shot? Did you think of peanut or yourself?" He said while I could feel wetness on my shoulders. He was a crying and sobbing mess.

"Peanut?" I whispered.

"I saw our baby on the ultrasound and it was peanut sized. So he or she is my peanut," he said smiling.

"Our peanut!" I replied. And he then passed me a glass of water.

After drinking water I asked him about Soo-Ah. And he told me that she's in jail for next six years.

"Why didn't you tell me about peanut?" He asked.

"I was going to give you surprise that day but ended up getting surprised. Never in my head I imagined breaking this news to you like that," I joked.

"And never in my head, I imagined you to be in this state. Rosé please never do something impulsive like this again." He told me. Little did he know I couldn't live with him being sick or injured.

It's been 4 months since the incident and Chanyeol's being protective of me like he's always been. He reached home late today from work and now he's sleeping like a log.

"Chan, chan wake up," I poked his arm.

"Rosie are you okay?" He asked in his sleepy voice.

"I want to eat Mint chocolate ice cream," I told him.

"Mint chocolate at 2 in the morning? Last I remember you said it tasted like toothpaste in chocolate." He said.

"Fine. I'll go get it for myself," I said getting up from the bed but he made me lay on the bed again and went to get me an ice cream.

I didn't know when I slept and when he reached back. I woke up to an empty bed. After freshening up I went to the kitchen to find Chanyeol flipping pancakes.

He put the plate in front of me and then told me that the ice cream in the freezer.

I felt so bad and tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to fall.
"Hey hey hey what happened?" He asked concerned.

"I'm so sorry. I'm being so annoying and I'm tiring you out. Next time if it gets too much please tell me," I told him.

"Hey Rosie, When I first saw you, something changed. I started to see what true happiness is like. And now, every time I look at you I see my world, my past present and future. You are my world. You've helped show me what really love is. You aren't annoying at all. The least I can do is to ease your suffering. I love you so much, more than I could ever explain. I want you to be happy. Never think like this ever again," he said.

"Don't get me all emotional. I want to eat pancakes before they get cold." I said jokingly and he chuckled at my response.

Five years later,

"Chan-hee you better not hide or else I'm leaving you behind and you won't be able to meet your grandma," I screamed at my five year old son who's hiding behind the curtains after breaking Seri's favourite toy. A simple sorry is all he need to say.

"Hey what's with the chaos?" Chanyeol asked while entering in his work attire.

"You've spoiled your son. Both of you enjoy your time at home while I and Seri are leaving for grandma's" I said as I hold my two year old daughter in my arms.

Chanyeol went near Chan-hee and asked him the matter.
"Hey little champ! You just need to apologise to your little sister so your mom takes us with her or else you've to eat the burnt eggs I can make for dinner." Loey told him.

Yes, I call him Loey now because of our little Chan it got confusing in the start.

"I wanna eat grandma's hand cooked food and the chocolate cake she bakes," he whined and Loey signalled him to say sorry.

He came out of the curtains and came near me while tugging my dress for me to reach at his level. I put Seri down and he mouthed her a 'sorry' and kissed her cheeks. In reply she giggled and hugged her brother.

I smiled at their little sibling moment while Chanyeol engulfed me in a back hug and kissed my cheeks and said,
"Thanks for entering my life. Thanks for twinkling like a star in my dark life."

For a few seconds we looked silently into each other's eyes, and the distant and impossible suddenly became near, possible and inevitable.

"Mom, Dad grandma is waiting for us. Let's go," our little boy stepped in to bring us back to reality and we smiled at them.

Every little pain, misunderstanding and fights were worth for where my life stood now. I had everything I once fascinated. I didn't get it easily or overnight but at the end what mattered was the happiness it brought us.

____

(A/N; So here's the end to the book close to my heart.

When first I started "The dark between the stars" I always had second thoughts. Will it be liked? Will it be appreciated? Will I be able to complete it? But here I am. One night, I'm not kidding, I cried at the corner of my room thinking about the love and support you guys gave me.

Because of your support we grew as a family in terms of readers, ranks and votings. Thanks for being there. And please read my other book too "It all started in MedSchool". Your support means a lot.

Thanks for being a part of 'dark between the stars journey.' It's a wrap.)