Chapter 4: Wedding

Rosé P.O.V

I can't show him my weak side and neither I have time to take stairs. Let's just go inside, Rosé you're strong.

I entered the elevator and rested my back at the end, tightly clutching the metallic rod, closing my eyes and then I suddenly felt a warm arm around my waist.

Chanyeol P.O.V

As we entered the elevator I observed Rosé. It felt like she's at the verge of a panic attack. She held her breath and closed her eyes.

I don't know what came into my mind but I side-hugged her. And I felt her breath slowly and her grip on the rod loosened. As the elevator reached the ground floor. The door opened and I left her and she speed walked coping up with my large steps.

She followed me to my car. The drive was completely silent. I drove her to the hospital. We were just on time. The ambulance reached by then.

I saw her changing from stressed to a professional doctor. She gave her commands confidently. I couldn't tell it's the same Rosé who was so stressed that was about to panic in the elevator.

Well I don't care about her. I hope the patient survives and I left her.

It's been 7 hours since I left her at the hospital and I couldn't help myself, before thinking I sent her a text.

"Did he make it?"

I kept using my phone waiting for her reply but she didn't reply. After half an hour the reply came.

"The operation just ended. It went well."

I didn't reply back and soon sleep took over me.

_______
(Time skip to the wedding day.)

Rose P.O.V

Why does time flies so fast when you want it to stop? Today is the day, the day I'm getting married or to be precise getting into 'Contract marriage'.  Chanyeol didn't agree on delaying marriage and it's happening after 3 months of the proposal.

I still can't forget when I went out for my wedding gown shopping. I low-key expected Chanyeol to be there with her sister and mother but he didn't show up. Maybe he's not interested at all.

My heart was racing as I sat dressed in my wedding gown, waiting for the ceremony to start. To be honest, I was still partly in a state of disbelief. Despite going through all the wedding preparations, I still found it hard to believe that a few hours later, I'll be a married woman.

My mom entered with teary eyes. My dad came and held my hand and said,
"Rosé it's time. You look absolutely stunning."
I gave him a weak smile, tears building inside my eyes.

I saw myself one last time in the mirror. The doors swung open and I could hear the orchestra playing the classical wedding songs. My dad escorted me down the aisle.

I could feel every pair of eyes on me, but despite the attention, my eyes were only on one person. The tall handsome guy with most beautiful smile. The same man who would be my husband in few minutes.

Chanyeol looked handsome in his black tuxedo and I could see his sincere gaze fixed at me. I could hear the snapping of cameras and guests cheering.

"I'll leave my only daughter to you now, Take care of her." my father said as he placed my hand in Chanyeol's hand.

He smiled at my dad and said, "Mr. Park, You don't need to worry. I'll take care of her and treasure her always." I wished he meant what he said.