Chapter 9: A healing date

Rosé P.O.V

"Why do you call me Princess?" I asked Baekhyun.

"When we were kids, Yoora unnie used to play with her doll and she called it 'Princess'. Chanyeol liked it so much that he would cry and told his mom, 'I want a Princess like this. I'll get married to her and become a Prince and we'll love each other forever. My Princess will be far better than yoora unnies's.'"
Baekhyun said and I laughed.

"Chanyeol was such a cute kid." I said between my laughs.

"So Princess, I'm here to tell you about something really important." He said in a very serious tone.

I nodded him to continue. All my laugh was replaced to seriousness.

"MINA. I wanted to tell you about her. It might not be my place to tell you about her but as a brother I wanted to tell you and as his friend, I want you to take care of him and stop him from something he might regret later." He said in a very intimidating tone.

"Who's Mina?" I asked.

"Chanyeol dated Mina in senior year of his college. Their relationship lasted for 13 months, after which she left him without any reason. He tried finding her but he couldn't. Mina was a chapter he never moved on. He would never talk about any girl good or bad till you entered his life.." he said.

I was eating like a maniac while listening to him when I realised I finished all of the dumplings.
"Sorry. I was so focused, I ate them all." I said and he chuckled shaking his head in a no.

"The day he met you for the first time in the hospital, he came over and told us about a person who calmed his anger and how professionally you treated your patients. No one can calm Chanyeol except Yoora unnie and you did it in first attempt. Sehun and I planned to find you but the nature made it's decision and fate brought you closer before we could.
Rosé I want you to show him that he wasn't meant to be in the dark. You are the star to his darkness and I'm sure if you're there, one day he'll shine brightly too." He said in a soft comforting tone.

"You are an amazing friend but a terrible brother." I said while he frowned.

"You're putting a lot of pressure on your sister you know. But I promise I'll try not just try, I'll try my best." I said holding his hand comforting him.

"Thank you Princess." He said ruffling my hair.

We talked for a while till an emergency case made me run to the ER and he left.

____

Chanyeol P.O.V

Sehun stayed over for the night. All night he lectured me about how Rosé is such a fine, tender and caring person. It's not something new to me. I've known that. Both of these idiots don't know that I'm trying too. I'm giving a chance to this relationship.

But I realised that I can't start it tell I get clear with last relationship. Why did Mina ended it all of a sudden? And why did is disappear into air like she never existed? I just want my answers. I'm not too naive to start again with something that ended abruptly.

I was sleeping when I realised something cold on my forehead. I opened my eyes slowly realising it's
Rosé hand. She's checking my temperature.

"I'm fine." I said in a sleepy tone.

"Sorry, to wake you up. Did you take your meds at night?" She asked and I nodded.