Errors strings?

Error popped up randomly one day at nightmares home while Rus and his friends were over, walking over summoning some strings.

Rus blinked a bit confused while cross and killer sent knowing looks towards the three and error.

Error just wrapped some strings around edge and creams hands while rus's had strings on his whole arms after his sleeves got rolled up by some of error's strings.

Error turned away and walked away without a word after doing so.

All three of them had no idea what to say and were very confused.

"Haha looks like error adopted you three." Killer spoke, his head resting against his right arm.

"What do you mean?" Cream asked with a confused look on his face.

Edge was just silent as he studied their reactions and words.

"Well, error wraps his strings around us, either by our hands, or arms, and in some cases, legs or something else. It just lets him know our location when we need him immediately, or other things." Cross replied, humming a little bit.

"What? Why?" Rus asked this time, head titling.

Cross shrugged, "I don't exactly know, just something the boss and error talk about every now and then. Boss has his strings around his..soul and his tentacles. Though they aren't visible when he's fighting."

Rus blinked, "I haven't noticed."

"Of course not, you don't see ours either until you got strings on yourself's. Which you now do. So you'll probably be seeing."

"Wait why does nightmare have it around his soul too?" Edge suddenly asked, as it slipped the other twos mind to ask.

Killer shrugged, "don't know. Boss never said why. But he seemed strangely fine with errors strings around his soul."

Cross shook his head, "sorry we don't know. The only ones who know are boss and error themselves."

Cross seemed apologetic about not being able to answer the question.

Rus shrugged, it's not their business to know why. As long as it wasn't harmful, then it was fine.

Cream just looked curious, "so those with strings on, we can trust?"

Cross nodded, "yes. Though it's just us and who knows who error marked."

Killer just laughed a bit, "marked makes it should like actually scars and shit. This is just mostly putting us under his protection kind of thing."

Cream hit his palm  with his fist a bit, "oh! Ok! I understand."

Rus just accepted while edge was startled, he wasn't used to being under someone's protection, his au or not.

This was like....no never mind. Edge decided as he didn't want to think about it at the moment.

But all three accepted the strings and left it there.

"Guess we'll have to cover it with our gloves then. So no taking our gloves off unless we are here." Edge mentioned and cream just nodded while Rus chuckles.