«Chapter 6- Again»

I'm baaaaaaaaaack
Sorry for not updating for ages, I lost all motivation but I'm back now :). Hopefully more updates soon!

«Hajime Hinata?»

"Choose... her... come on! Just..."
"No... no... please, no. Don't make me do this, please... noo... no, please..."

The conversation from before, it had to be a few minutes ago, but it feels like days, floods into my mind.
Begging, planning, two voices- it matches up with the fox masks, which are now in here. It proves that the foxes were in there with us.

It could be anyone.

We congregate outside, eyes screwed up at the beating sun, a whole different world to the one we just escaped.
My first though is Nagito. I scan the crowd for his white hair, and there he is- comforting Mikan, her whole body shaking with sobs.
"Nagito- Mikan- are you alright?" I grab Nagito's shoulders, in an awkward hug of sorts. I want to hold him and never let go. I want to wipe away all the fear inside of him. But I can't. Not with the others here.
"Mikan is scared she'll be next." He explains shortly. His eyes- they're...they're almost blank, like a curtains been drawn. His hands are limp and pale in mine. He's like a living ghost.
"Guys, we'll be ok. Nobody else will die. Remember? Only o-one at a time. We're safe. We're safe."
My words are drowned out by another body discovery announcement.

█▓▒­░⡷⠂ΓIMΞ SҜIP⠐⢾░▒▓█

Hiyoko is covered in blood.
Her tiny form shakes as she towers over the gigantic corpse of Nekomaru, his body twisted in agony. A knife sticking out of his head.
Mikan groans behind me, her hand covering her mouth. Nagito slips his hand into mine, his head on my shoulder.
"It had to happen at some point." He mutters.
I twist away slightly.
"What do you mean?"
He looks up vacantly.
"A double murder. It made sense. We got greedy." He sighs. "Another body sacrificed to despair. How... worthless." He hisses, turning away.
"Nagito?" I raise my arm, but he keeps walking.
"It's time. For the class trial."