While Mina was a little slow on the uptake, Kageyama couldn't deny how their denial prickled his insides. There wasn't an ounce of jest in her tone but they perceived it as such.

"...It's not a joke," He states. "Please don't say such things again, Oikawa-san. You too, Kindaichi."

Kindaichi couldn't help but feel intimidated when their eyes met. He has seen those sharp eyes too often in the past and it always reminded him of Kageyama's outbursts. It was unnerving in the beginning but soon they became desensitized, turning against him. He was just too much to handle, and so, the bucket tipped over. But unlike those times where his eyes were filled with anger and frustration, his eyes told a different story this time.

And it bugged him deeply; because here he was, far more collected than he ever was before.

Taking the plastic bag from her hand, he reached out for Mina's wrist with the other and bowed to his opponents before taking their leave, the girl giving them a quick smile before she scurries to keep up with Kageyama's strides. Though before they could disappear with a turn around the corner, Kindaichi, with his uncontainable feelings bubbling over, questions her desperately.

"W-Why him?"

The question stops the two of them and Mina turns, brows scrunched in confusion. This further fuels Kindaichi who presses on with his questions.

"I don't know if he just hasn't shown you yet, but he's not all that," He frowns. "If only you know him the same way we do, that side of him that got us all tired of himㅡ"

"Hey, that's enough," Iwaizumi cuts in before the boy could turn this into a whole mess.

But it already seems like the fire has been fuelled. There wasn't any need for Kageyama to turn around, show his face to them or say a few words to spite his former colleague's accusations. The air around them has grown tense as he stills, still holding onto Mina's hand. She could feel the small tremor, the tensing and loosening of his hand around hers that got her to look back at him.

"I-I just don't understand! He's always been demanding and overbearing, ever since middle-schoolㅡ"

"What kind of situation is this..?" Mina grumbles, tightening her grip. "I mean, why are you like this all of a sudden? This is so ridiculous— hey, you are rude, okay!"

The girl points a finger at him, spouting all sorts of things that neither all of them could understand. They simply stared, unable to comprehend where all this attitude came from. Surprised by her sudden mood switch, Kageyama holds her back and tells her to calm down. Of course, Mina wasn't going to stop there but the rational side of herself was woken and the thought of having people surround them was more than embarrassing— that much could keep her awake for a whole week straight. So she does as he says, biting her lips to stop any flood of insults to come break through.

"I tell you this," She starts off with a sigh, a smidge bit calmer now. "People grow, not always stay the same. You keep thinking that Tobio-kun will not change, then you are problem too. Not good mindset— bad thinking."

Mina pauses for a second with a shake of her head before continuing. "You do not understand, that's okay. Our relationship is not your problem, ours only. I think you are very very nice person, Kindaichi-san but right now, not really."