12

-george pov-

it was the next day around noon time and i was sat in the living room. i watched tv most of the day seeing there wasn't much that i could do.

i heard carter come downstairs and began walking towards me. "by the way, clays on his way over" he spat out.

"why" i simply asked.

"we have to work on a project"

"that's boring"

i brought my attention back over to the tv and continued watching the show. not long after i heard the door begin to open, already knowing it was clay.

he walked through the door and made his way over to carter. i listened in on their conversation, but didn't pay too much attention to it. they mainly fought over who was doing what section of the project.

carter brought everything upstairs so they could begin working on their projects. and clay stayed downstairs to grab a couple of snacks for them.

he began opening a bunch of cabinets finding random snacks for the two. he set them onto the counter not being able to find many other things.

i heard him walk up behind me, stopping right behind the couch. i looked up out of curiosity. he had both of his hands on the back of the couch for support. and was already staring down at me.

"what do you want-" before i could finish my sentence clay had already connected both of our lips. technically, it was an upside down kiss, but it was still enjoyable. he pulled away seconds later and smiled before speaking up.

"seeing carter's gone, might as well do that" he whispered, a grin still spread across his face.

"why didn't i see that coming" i laughed. clay began walking back over to the counter to grab his snacks, and walked towards the stairs. "well, by george!" he smiled and walked up the stairs.

i smiled as he walked up the stairs. i felt my stomach get a sinking feeling, yet chose to ignore it.

seconds later i felt my face fade into a more serious expression as i realized what it was.

butterflies...?

i got butterflies over clay. which was something i definitely wouldn't expect to happen. was it the fact that i've kissed him everyday for the past week? or the way he smiled when he said my name? 

i decided to call sapnap to get my mind off of things. hoping i would forget about it.

he answered almost immediately and greeted me with a simple, 'hey george'

i replied back with a, "hey sapnap" hoping he would continue the conversation.

"why'd you call? need anything?"

"no specific reason, just bored" i hesitated on telling him or not. i knew if i told him he would try and 'help me' aka jump to conclusions, which made me not want to tell him.

"you sure," he questioned. "you hesitated a little"

i hated how sapnap was like this. how he would always notice if something was off, and how he would always check in and make sure i was doing okay.

"i just needed to get my mind off of something" is replied truthfully.

"oh okay, we'll what's up?"

"i'm just watching tv"

"what are you watching?" sapnap asked.

"i'm not sure. it's just some random channel that was on"

"is it entertaining?"

"no not really" i quietly laughed.

"oh that sucks" he replied.

"sapnap, how do you know if you like someone" i quickly spoke.

"what?" he replied sounding a little shocked, obviously not expecting me to ask him that.

"i'm not repeating myself"

"georgeeee, is this about a certain someone"

"no it isn't, sapnap"

"perhaps the person you were taking about yesterday," he teased. "and how you're both 'just friends' as you were saying"

"i'm about to hang up on you"

"so i'm right? WAIT IM RIGHT? YOU LIKE CLAY?"

"sapnap.."

"okay sorry. but am i right"

"i don't know anymore. i called you to forget about this topic, not to start a conversation on it"

"sorry sorry, but what made you start liking him. or...start questioning it"

"a lot of stuff. that i definitely don't want to explain right now"

"okay fine. but you're going to tell me someday, because i know you 100% like him"

"what's that supposed to mean?" i asked.

"i don't know, you guys always seem to comfortable around each other," he explained. "and you were constantly hanging out with him this week"

"that means nothing"

"basic george, always in the state of denial"