16

-george pov-

the final bell of the day rang as everyone made their way into the parking lot. i met carter in the car who was sitting in the drivers seat already.

i put my seatbelt on and carter began driving home. i stared out the window out of boredom, seeing my phone had died at school. i began to get lost in my thoughts throughout the car ride.

so much has happened in the past couple of days. clay and i were now 'secretly' dating seeing we haven't told anyone.

it's not like i could tell anyone anyways. if i told sapnap he would eventually mention it to carter, whether it was on purpose or not. carter would do the same thing, except with my parents.

i knew sapnap would mention it to carter seeing they have started to become closer as each week went by. they hung out pretty often as well.

everyday i thought about coming out to my parents. except there was always something that stopped me.

which was the thought of them not accepting me.

they didn't seem homophobic if that made sense. it was probably just my head getting to me.

my thoughts get interrupted as carter pulls into the driveway and parks the car. i get out of the car my eyes widened a little as i realized i zoned out for fifteen minutes.

we both made our way into the house and both went upstairs into our rooms. i threw my bag onto the ground and sat down on my bed.

i sat up against my headboard staring at the wall across the room.

what if i did come out to my parents?

i mean, i'm going to have to do it eventually. it's not like i can hide clay from them forever. i know one day they are going to eventually walk in on clay and i kissing. it's just my luck.

the more i thought about doing, it the more i want to do it.

i kept thinking about it for another five minutes and was convinced i was going to do it. but i still wasn't 100% sure if i should.

i sat up from my bed and walked over to my bag. i plugged my phone in before walking over to the door. i opened it and headed towards carter's door, but stopped before opening it.

i pulled my hand out towards the handle and hesitantly opened it. he looked up from the sheet of homework resting on his desk and faced me.

"what do you want" he spoke with an annoyed tone.

yeah fuck this.

"never mind" i said as i slowly started walking out of his room.

"no. what do you need?" he said in a somewhat nicer tone.

"i need your help with something. kind of"

he turned away from the homework on his desk and looked at me. "yeah?"

i walked into his room and over to his bed. he turned his chair towards me as i walked across the room. i sat down and criss crossed my legs and let out a sigh.

"what do you need help with? i'm not going anywhere," he stated. "don't ask me to go anywhere with you"

harsh much?

"no no, nothing like that" i sighed once again. "i kind of...want to come out to mom and dad"

"really?!"

"yeah. i mean, it's been a couple years so why not"

"nice. what do you need my help with?" he asked.