Divine (Sansby)

Grillby's gaze flickered to the sky as he stepped out of the cave that all of the monsters had once called home. A week has passed since the human, Frisk, had freed the underground. Monsters and humans got along fairly quickly, seemingly forgetting the tradition of their ancestors and settled on new ones to make life easy for everyone to enjoy. Most of the monsters by now have moved completely to some part of the human world, although there were still monsters such as himself who were still moving out.

The fire elemental set the box he had been carrying down on the ground beside him, gently taking a seat on the grassy slope. He sighed softly, tired after a day's long work of packing his bar and moving most of the boxes out of their old place. Grillby moved his hand out from beside him and looked down at his watch, he gently turned the knobs, making the watch flutter with life. It was only 5 in the evening, not to late.

He smiled in relief, looking up at the scenery before him. The sky was painted like a masterpiece. Having pinks, oranges, and yellows dotted across the sky, blending together every so often to make a brand new color. The sun was setting over the town, creating a bright light to peak over the roof-tops, as the shadows crept on the ground. The forest that spotted around the town, shook happily, as their leaves did a little dance in the wind.

The fire elemental hummed softly, his flames crackled lightly as he rested his hand on his knee. As the man watched the area before him, he was not aware of the lurking figure behind him. The figure in question, stood in the shadows, watching Grillby closely, but their eyes did not have the look for murderous intentions. But they did seem mischievous. The figure took a step forward, accidentally stepping on a twig on the ground. Grillby quickly turned his head, to see who was behind him, but nothing was there. The figure had simply vanished into thin air.

The elementals eyes narrowed, uncertain about what just happened, he exhaled lightly, turning his head. As he looked back forward, a site quickly made him jump. A pair of white teeth was blocking his view, cause him to jump backwards, not expecting someone to be standing in front of him. His back hit the group with a thud, as he groaned, looking at the figure before him. The figure burst out laughing, looking at Grillby with amusement.

"Geeze Sans!" Grillby yelled, pressing a hand onto the bridge of his nose with a loud sigh. "You gave me a heart attack!"

"Awh- c'mon Grillbz, I wasn't tryna *burn* your heart with shocking, ya."

The elemental shook, his head, as the skeleton extended his hand, the taller male took it, as Sans helped him sit back up. Grillby glanced up at Sans, shaking his head. "Even if it was a good scare, why are you even here anyways? I thought you and Papyrus already moved out completely?"

"Yeah-" Sans uttered, ploping down onto the ground beside Grillby. His skull tilted upwards, looking up at the setting sun. It's rays shone above his skull, making it shine a cloudy gray color. "I just wanted to try and find ya. Been awhile since I've seen you."

"To find me and do what? Pay your tab?"

The two males stared at each other in silence, before hollering with laughter. Grillby had his hand over his mouth, chuckling softly into his hand, meanwhile Sans had fallen onto his back. His ribcage shook as he laughed, as though that was the best joke he's heard in his entire life. After a few moments, their laughter finally died down, although they were both still smiling in amusement.

"Heh- good one Grillbz, but nah." Sans smiled, already knowing Grillby knew the answer to that question. Even if the fire elemental did dramatically put a hand on his chest, as though being annoyed. The short skeleton shook his head, curling his legs close to his ribcage. "No, I just- I missed you." He chuckles, his eye-lights flickering to the ground. "I mean- it's just been to long, and I guess I needed to know if you were alright I guess."

Grillby smiled, his ginger flames blended a slightly pink shade, as he looked at Sans, flustered by his sudden words. He shook his head with a sigh. "Well, I'm alright, this is actual my final box, before I'm finished moving completely to- this new home."

"Well, that's good, besides, at least here your bar should flourish! Seeing as your food is the best!"

"Sans, my food is not all that gr-..."

"Yeah, it is. Honestly, it may sound cheesy. But your cooking is the best, almost like ya pour your entire heart into it, and even still add more love to each dish before serving it." He utters softly, his cheek bones slightly turning blue as his eye sockets left the ground and looked up into Grillby's golden eyes.

The fire elemental had turned a bright shade of red and pink. "You- think my cooking is that good?"

"Yeah, it's perfect, just like every inch of you."

"S-Sans..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you doing this just to fluster me?" Grillby asked, glancing at the ground. A quiet chuckle escaped the mouth of the skeleton, but nothing was said. Grillby sighed, turning his head to look at the other, but before he could, he was tackled into the grass. Two wrists had grabbed his own, pinning them to the grass. He opened his eyes quickly, finding Sans hovering over him. His knees were pressed down on Grillby's thighs as he smiled down at the elemental beneath him.

"Maybe I was- but I did mean every word of it." Sans teased, watching his friends blushing intensify. The skeleton let go of his wrists, but quickly wrapped his arms around Grillby's waist, hugging him tightly. "Because if I am being honest, you are the light of my life, and everything you do from the moment you wake up, to the moment you fall asleep, is as divine as the last."

"...love you too, Sans."