forty four : just the beginning

no one pov

"you ready?" jungkook asked, looking over to taehyung. the younger nodded softly, looking at the pretty horse jungkook was petting. "i think so."

it had been a few days since the wedding, and both taehyung and jungkook decided they would finally see the village today. to start the beginning of their future together.

jungkook could see taehyung was nervous. it made sense, as the boy hadnt really ever been out of the castle.

"hey.. its gonna be ok." jungkook said softly, as taehyung walked up to him. the younger nodded. "yeah.. i know." he said looking at the dark brown horse.

"so.. lets go, yeah?" taehyung said turning to jungkook. the older smiled with a nod. helping the younger get on the horse. 

"wait. i dont know how to rise a horse." taehyung said as soon as he sat down. jungkook chuckled. "yeah i guessed. dont worry, i'll ride with you." he said also getting on the horse. 

"o-ok." taehyung said, quickly snaking his hands around jungkooks waist from behind, holding him tight.  jungkook felt tingles send through his body as the feeling. "dont worry, you wont fall off. this horse is meant for carrying lots of weight." he said.

taehyung could only nod. "ok ok. hurry up now." he said, now getting impatient. jungkook chuckled. "ok. hold on." he said, kicking the sides of the horse, making her start walking.

taehyung squealed slightly, holding jungkook even tighter. looking around at his surroundings as they made their way across the cobblestone bridge.

they then got to the end of the gate, just about to step onto the dirt road. taehyung saw a few guards waving at him and jungkook, so he waved back with a soft smile.

"can we go faster?" taehyung asked as they started on the dirt road. jungkook glanced back at the younger. "we can.. but do you really want to?" he asked, not sure if the boy wanted the horse to start cantering, or even just trotting yet.

"yes?" taehyung asked, even questioning himself. jungkook laughed, but was also getting bored of walking. "ok. get ready then." he said, kicking the horses sides again lightly. the horse going into a trot.

"yes. this is better." taehyung said after a few minutes of adjusting to the faster moving horse. jungkook chuckled to himself at the younger, but focused on leading the horse.

the two then got to the forest that separated the palace and the kingdom. taehyung looked around, having flashbacks of running through this very forest when he snuck out to meet jungkook.

all of the soft memories made him giggle to himself. subconsciously wrapping his arms tighter around jungkook, snuggling into his back.

-

"here we are..." jungkook said, looking at the 'entrance' to the kingdom. it was kind of nostalgic as he hadnt been to his own home in so long.

"wow.." taehyung whispered, looking from behind jungkook. "it looks different than it did at night." he said softly. jungkook hummed softly in agreeance.

"i'll bring you to the town square." jungkook said, kicking the horse again to walk. as he had stopped momentarily as they looked at the start of the city.

as they made their way through the village, almost everyone saw the two on the horse. all shouting and waving at the two familiar boys. taehyung grew shy at all the attention. but jungkook seemed to enjoy it, waving to all of his friends.