forty : scared

no one pov

1 month, and 29 days time skip

taehyung slowly sat down on the edge of his bed. his mind was running. his eyes wide, unable to stop processing everything. 

looking out of his window, unable to see anything, other than the yellow light coming from the city. it looked so peaceful. outside of the castle, was the complete opposite of taehyungs mind right now.

because he was in pure chaos.

tomorrow. tomorrow was the day.

the day he was supposed to get married and become the next king of the azures.

but ofcourse...

the young prince had another plan on how tomorrow would unfold...

-

~earlier that day~

taehyung rubbed his eyes, before knocking on the door infront of him. his hands were sweating. the person behind the door was probably just as nervous as him.

"hello?"

they opened the door. taehyung looked at her. "hey yeji. i need to talk to you." he said. yeji nodded confused. letting the boy in.

"what is it?" she asked. taehyung sighed softly. "..remember the plan i told you about a while ago?" he asked. yeji thought for a few seconds before nodding. "uhu! did you figure out what the plan is?" she asked, with a proud smile for remembering.

taehyung nodded softly. "yeah.." he drifted off. yeji could tell he was scared. and frankly, so was she. 

if the two were not to be married tomorrow, and on top of that taehyung not be king. who knows what would happen...

after a few moments of silence, taehyung finally composed himself. trying to shake off his nerves. 

"ok.. heres the plan..."

-

the boys mind was still trying to process everything. trying to remember everything. yeji knew the plan. jungkook knew the plan. he knew the plan..

now all the prince could do was hope he didnt screw anything up. or something went differently than he expected. but he doubted it. they had already did run throughs of the ceremony like 3 times.

while focused on all the thoughts in his mind, taehyung was finally distracted when he heard a soft knock at his door.

looking over taehyung sighed. "come in." he said softly. soon he saw the door open, and thankfully, he saw jungkooks head pop in.

taehyung finally felt like he could breathe when he saw the older. "what are you doing here?" he asked as jungkook made his way over to him.

"hobi hyung said he would cover my post tonight." jungkook said happily before sitting down next to the prince. taehyung hummed softly, leaning his head on the olders shoulder.