fourteen : just you

no one pov

after taehyung saw that jungkook passed the first competition, he couldnt help but clap with a happy smile. he could hear his heart beating in his chest as he kept his eyes on the ravenette.

"congratulations to the competitors still in the games. we are now moving on to archery. who ever gets the highest score wins. and the three with the least amount of points will be eliminated."

jungkook felt his confidence boost slightly, as this was the part he knew he would be good at. he had practiced archery a lot recently, well, as much as he could. and he thought he was pretty good.

and of course, sword fighting. he hasnt actually used a real sword before.. only sticks and such that he would carve down to make a sharp point. either practicing by himself, or when ever the children of the town wanted to play.

and of course, running. he knew he was good at running. and on top of that, he might not be as tall as some of the others. but he was agile. and running around like a mad man every morning as he picked up his daily loaf of bread was always good practice.

-

claps and cheers were heard through out the stadium as the first competitor started shooting arrows at his target. "lee suho. 24 points out of 30." the announcer said. the said male nodding slightly, decently proud of his score.

as the next person went, jungkook watched. he was at the complete end of the line. just his luck. having to end the competition. that thought made him slightly anxious. but he didnt want the nerves to get to him.

waiting patiently until it was his turn.

taehyung watched silently, softly clapping at each competitor. he grew more anxious as the scores seemed to only get better and better, though over all staying with in the 20-25 score points.

but he noticed that jungkook would be going last, feeling slightly nervous over that. but he guessed the older would be good, either way he couldnt wait for the male to go.

"chae hyungwon. 23 points out of 30." the announcer said. 

both jungkook and taehyung were now shaking as it was the ravenettes turn. the said male looked around seeing everyones eyes on him. feeling his heart pound in his chest as he shakily grabbed an arrow, placing it between his fingers and the bow.

jungkook could feel his whole body shaking, trying to aim his shot. he could barely even see the target straight because of his nervous jittering. 

knowing he had to calm down, jungkook closed his eyes. taking in a deep breath, releasing his nerves as he let his breath out. finally opening his eyes again, a look of pure determination sparked in them.

jungkook then pulled back the string, aiming the arrow. and then shooting with out a single thought of hesitation. feeling the snap back of the string hit the deer skin arm guard that was wrapped around his forearm.

looking to the target, he bit his lip seeing he got 10 points.

feeling more determined, he grabbed the next arrow. pulling it back and releasing it. hearing the on going cheers as he opened his eyes once again. smiling softly at the next arrow that stuck into the 10 point circle.