thirty nine : the ballroom

no one pov

days passed, once again. more and more preparations for the coronation were started. taehyung was also informed that messengers dad announced to the kingdom that his coronation and wedding would take place in just under 2 months.

of course, the people were thrilled for the prince, and their kingdom. a new king would been more opportunities and over all, just a new beginning. little did they all know, that sure. taehyung would be the new 'king' but his father would still rule. just.. taehyung would have to be the face of the ruler.

-

"alright. prince taehyung, you place your hand there. and yeji, your hand goes.. here." the dance instructor, ryujin said.

taehyung nodded awkwardly, along with yeji. the two feeling the close proximity, and not particularly liking it.

as the music started again, the two started the ball room dance. both mostly looking down at there feet or in the distance, not wanting make eye contact.

suddenly, ryujin stopped the music after a minute or so. quickly, the two parted in a rush. ryujin sighed softly at the teens.

"you two are too stiff. try to loosen up. both of you have the steps down pretty well. prince taehyung, try to take more control and lead the movements." she said. taehyung nodded wide eyes. "s-sorry.." he replied softly.

"thats alright. just keep practicing." she said with a soft smile. "alright. lets try again." ryujin then said after a few seconds.

again the two nodded. taehyung started by bowing to the girl, grabbing her hand and holding it up. their hands awkwardly intertwining. taehyung then gently placing his other hand on her waist. yejis free hand coming to taehyungs shoulder/neck.

when the music started, the two did the exact same steps. listening to the music while spinning around. it was weird for both. but for taehyung, it felt weird to have to 'lead' the dance. as he didnt really have any experience with it.

finally when the song ended. taehyung sighed internally, letting go. bowing to the princess who curtsied back to him. 

ryujin clapped softly. "that was good. how about we end it here for today? we can work on the tiny details tomorrow." she smiled, seeing the two looked kind of tired. even from simple ballroom dancing.

both nodded as ryujin then bowed. exiting the huge ballroom, her footsteps echoing in the huge room against the tile floor.

when she left, and the heavy door closed behind her. yeji looked to taehyung, who was fixing one of his cuff sleeves.

"i'll leave too. i want to finish my sketch i was doing." she said with a smile. taehyung nodded. "ok." he simply said.

with another smile, and wave, yeji scrunched her dress in her hands and started leaving. before she closed the door, she looked back at the pretty prince. "bye taehyung!" she waved again.

taehyung smiled a soft boxy smile at the girl. "bye." he waved softly, making the girl giggle. her nose crinkling subconsciously before she closed the door.

-

once taehyung was alone, he sighed softly. looking around the huge ballroom. he barely went into the ballroom, unless it was for some event or ball. and it looked a lot bigger with no other people inside, beside him.