Part 28 - Confessions

Ahhh, Zhan can be so mean. First he spends a night with me and I was even allowed to hold him in my arms all night and then he also told me that he loves me, so well indirectly then and since days he did not get in touch and did not respond to my calls or messages.

I continued to pursue my work and continued to be trained by Mr. Chou. I never thought how much work an assistant has to do and how close he has to be and can be to a CEO. I was really amazed when Mr. Chou said, "Suppose you work in a big corporation as an assistant to the CEO, you are in a position where you just know everything about him. Nobody else in this world, knows more about the CEO than the assistant. And that's why the CEO has to be able to trust his assistant."

I asked him, "How can an assistant know everything?"

Mr. Chou smiled and replied, "Simple. An assistant takes care of everything that distracts the CEO from his work. Sometimes that means the assistant orders flowers and gifts for special occasions, for a spouse or for a mistress. The assistant coordinates appointments so the CEO has time for his spouse or mistress and makes sure the two never run into each other."

"Wait a minute. Has Zhan had a spouse or anyone else besides me?"

"No, he hasn't. Zhan never married and never saw a lover in you. He liked you from the beginning. And did you know that your brother told him then that he would like to pair you up with Zhan?"

"How? What did my brother say?"

"After Zhan helped your brother back then, your brother said a little bit about you. And Zhan just said, sounds very interesting. And your brother said to him, you two are the same age and would be great together. And then he said, someday when everything calms down, he wants to introduce you to Zhan."

"Really? And now he's talking about Zhan like that, saying he's just a criminal guy."

"Yibo, sometimes things aren't what they seem. Now let's move on." Replied Mr. Chou. I had no idea how he meant that, but I didn't want to ask either. My head had been full to bursting anyway, and since I was missing Zhan so much again, I could hardly concentrate on anything else.

That same evening after Mr. Chou's lesson, I wrote Zhan a message. I wrote, "Finally come home to me. I miss you so terribly. Don't torture me any further and finally release me." After that, I went to sleep, hoping Zhan would finally soften up and show up by the weekend at the latest.

I was already sound asleep when suddenly, in the middle of the night, I heard someone come into my room. I intentionally pretended not to notice. Then the person came to my bed, lifted my covers and lay down on my back, head between my shoulder blades, arms on my arms and kissing my neck. I smelled sandalwood and slight smell of alcohol.

"Are you lying well ZhanZhan?" I asked, grinning and my heart pounding. He had really come to me. I was just happy at that moment.

"Mhm, excellent. Very comfortable." Replied Zhan tiredly.

"It's even more comfortable in my arms, though."

"Really?"

"Mhm, do you want to test it ZhanZhan?"

Zhan actually slid off my back and next to me, then snuggled into my arms. "True, very comfortable." He said and kissed my collar.

"You really came to me."

"Mmm, I've been busy. I wasn't even in town."

"And now that you're back, were you out celebrating?"

"No, at a business dinner. There was lots of alcohol."

"So you're drunk?"

"I don't know. Am I?"