Chapter 2 Preparation

Finally, the time has come. After a month of office work and reduced working hours, Yibo's psychologist is finally convinced that Yibo can return to active duty at the Agency and work on cases again. It had taken four months, but now finally, Yibo is allowed to go back to doing what he does best.

And because they also finally received the long-awaited investigation order for the police department from the police chief, Yibo prepares ready for his new undercover mission.

For this he receives special training and learns in an extremely shortened form, how future police officers are trained. For the theoretical part, he had to watch many videos and read through the training manuals. And for the practical part, his coach trained him in the agency.

While Yibo realized during the theoretical part that they have some similar concepts, he felt during the practical part how different the training is between a special agent and a police officer. Because Yibo remembered very well how often he suffered bruises and sprains, especially during close combat training. The training for future police officers seemed gentle and easy to him.

His father, who has also been his superior for the past three years, has already briefed Yibo on his new case and explained to him in detail what is in store for him. For example, he will have to share a room in a police dormitory with two other police officers from this police department. So he has to stay in character around the clock.

And Yibo has to play a real rookie, one who presents himself awkwardly, to the point of being fearful. This will be the most difficult thing for him, because in his training he learned to react automatically to danger. Now he has to train his brain not to react, to retreat and show a fear he doesn't feel.

"You have to think of the right timing. You can't show fear after everything is over." Explained his father.

"I know that dad. Will I have a contact person there?" Yibo wanted to know.

"Yes. His name is Ray. He's working as a helper at a café that police officers often visit, starting today. He's your contact person. Anything you gather in terms of information, you pass on to him and he keeps us informed. At the moment, we can't do it any other way, because you will probably be with your colleagues around the clock for the first time. They will keep a close eye on you. So you can't contact us directly."

"What about crime there? Is there anything I need to be aware of or know about?"

"As far as we know, there is a mafia-like organization there. It's run by the Wen's. The family clan is big. It starts with Wen Rouhan, his two sons from his first marriage are named Wen Xu and Wen Chou. His stepchildren from second marriage are Wen Qing and Wen Ning. There is a rumor that there is another child. A son he adopted. But we hardly know anything about him. He doesn't have the Wen surname either. Like you, he is 25 years old and is said to be very smart. But that is all we know. Both of Wen Rouhan's wives died in accidents that were quite strange. There were many rumors that Wen Rouhan wanted to get rid of his wives."

"So quite a lot of children. Mhhh, do you think the Wen's have anything to do with my case?"

"That could be. Right now all we know is that they have a lot of illegal business to run. But they are also accused of kidnapping, prostitution, murder, drug trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, arms trafficking, blackmailing and more. But so far, nothing has ever been proven against them."

"Why hasn't this been investigated?"

"It's too big for one agent alone. And unfortunately, they don't take in new members. So infiltrating them and spying on them, finding evidence, doesn't work that easily. And we guess if the Wen's give bribes to the police department, then they practically have a free hand there and can do whatever they want."