Chapter 7 - On my own

When I got home, still very tired and ecstatic from last night, a surprise awaited me as I entered the apartment. Seungyoun was there and already waiting for me. He told my roommates that he is my best friend and wanted to visit me.

So either they don't notice much or don't want to. It was ten in the morning on a Sunday. What best friend shows up that early and also completely unannounced? It's strange that police officers don't ask themselves that question.

I went to change and then Seungyoun and I went to a nearby park. We sat down on a bench and he told me, "Your dad sent me. It's about Ray. We finally found out why he was off duty last week. Apparently he was in a car accident and was unconscious in the hospital for days. When he woke up yesterday afternoon, he called us right away. He's going to have to stay in the hospital for a while longer."

"So that means I don't have a contact for now? So I'm supposed to email my Weekly Report?" I wanted to know.

"No. Your dad thinks it's too risky. You're supposed to write down what's most important and then when we have a new contact for you, forward it to him. Right now, though, the problem is that we don't have anyone in the agency who can step in as a contact."

"I see. So I'm on my own for now."

"Right. If we were a government-funded agency and not a free agency, that wouldn't be a problem. They would just recruit someone to do it. It's just that it doesn't work that easily for us."

"I know. That's just the disadvantage of a free agency. So, how does it go on now? I just collect my reports and then hand them over when you find someone new?"

"Yes. And there's one more thing. Your dad asked me to remind you not to look for your brother alone. He kept trying to call you last night but couldn't reach you. He now hopes you weren't out looking for Hai Kuan."

"I won't forget about it. And no, I wasn't looking for him."

"Then what were you doing?"

"I went to the bar, had a drink, met someone, and spent the night with him. Well, most of the night."

"Wait, what did you do? Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that. An opportunity came up spontaneously and I took it."

"You're not usually like this. What kind of guy is this that can get you into bed on the same night?"

"A very cute and handsome guy. I don't know much about him. But I was attracted to him at first sight. And he was attracted to me as well. We got along great, had drinks together, and then went to a hotel."

"Fuck, he must have been special to get that iceberg in bed."

"Don't call me that. And yeah, there is something special about him somehow."

"Do you have a crush on him, maybe?"

"Oh God no. I just wanted to have sex with him."

"And does he see it that way?"

"Mhm, he left in the middle of the night, after our second round and left me behind. He didn't cuddle, nothing. We didn't exchange cell phone numbers or ask each other out again."

"Wow so that's a guy I would want to meet someday. Have fun with no feelings or commitments, perfect."

"You, you just told me a little while ago that you had a crush on this new data analyst. You better stay on that."

"I'd love to. But he turned me down."

"Damn, I told you to take your time. Every time you get a new crush, you immediately rush into it. Why don't you give him time to get to know you first?"

Not just enemies? [YiZhan FF]✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें