you okay prettyboy?

3rd pov

"BAKUGO WAIT!" Kirishima runs after him. The whole thint hit him hard kiroshima was surprised bakugo's outburst was this late.

Everyone turns to midorya, looking at him worriedly. They knew bakugo wasnt himself lately, but it was still nerve wrecking to see one of the flashiest people in 1a lose their attitude.

"Hey, hey, come on bakugo, open the door" kirishima starts knocking quietly. he was well aware that bakugo hated that kind of attention, and was making sure to be careful.

"Go away"

"Bakugo im not going away. Talk to me"

"No"

"Open the door and talk to me bakugo we both need it"

"Fuck off shitty hair"

"Well too bad im not doing that man, i can easily force this door open but im not. Please open the door"

And with that the door burst open. Bakugo looked away and stomped back to his bed. A very muffled 'fuck you' was heard, which made kirishima grin.

The red head closed the door and sat on a chair next to the boys bed.

"Whats wrong"

"I dont wanna talk about it, you either stay and shut up or talk and get your ass kicked"

"Bakugo its me." Bakugo lifts up his head to meet kirishima's concerned eyes. "You dont have to put on a tough act okay? Now talk to me you look like shit"

"Thanks shitty hair such a nice idiot"

"I do my best. Now tell me whats bugging you"

"Whats bugging me? Maybe the fact that KAI ELRIC THE FUCKING VILLAIN IS THE DEAD DUDE I COULDNT SAVE TWO YEARS AGO"  kirishima stays silent listening to what his friend had to say. It seemed like he was bottling most of his feelings. "I THOUGHT I KILLED HIM, I- HE DIED IN MY FUCKING HANDS. I DEALT WITH SHIT, SEEING PEOPLE ALL GLOOMY AND SAD KNOWING THAT I WAS THE ONE WHO DIDNT SAVE HIM."

kirishima was stunned to say the least. He didnt know bakugo held in so much hate for not being able to save his friend.

"Baku-"

"NO SHITTY HAIR, IT PLAYED IN MY MIND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I KEPT SEEING HIM, THE BLOOD THE HURT THE PAIN. HIS PALE FACE AND BLUE LIPS AND HIS HALF FROZEN BODY NOT BREATHING NOT LETTING OUT A SINGLE HUFF AND I COULDNT DO A SINGLE THING. I-"

He gets cut off by a hug. He didnt hug back, he just rested his head on his friends shoulder and started shaking again. "Im sorry i wasnt there" kirishima starts talking again. "Its messed up and awful and i cant believe i let you get through it alone" the redhead breaks out of the hug still holding bakugo's shoulders "i know it wont mean a lot at this point, but non of us blamed you. Non of it was your fault, and i hope you know that. At least now."

Bakugo needed that. He needed to hear those words. He desperately wanted reassurance, someone to tell him it was okay and that it was going to be okay. Someone to tell him that it wasnt his fault. He was just a kid, a 15 year old kid forced to bear his friends death on his back like it depended on his life.

All those years he had to keep to himself, he had to see his classmates shut down over and over again, relentlessly blaming himself without having anyone tell him otherwise.

Kirishima hugged his friend again but this time they were sitting on the ground and katsuki was hugging back.

His eyes were closed shut, tears falling rapidly onto his cheeks. Choked sobs and occasional sniffs were heard from time to time.

"We can go back tomorrow. The doctor said that he would most probably wake up. We can maybe talk to him"

"Yeah id like that"

"Id like that too" kirishima looks at katsuki closely and grins "you like him dont you"

"Fuck off you deku simp"

"Oh shut up midorya is very nice"

"Youre both blind as fuck he obviously likes you"

"Says the guy who almost kissed kai and acted like nothing happened"

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you too" kirishima smiles at his friends. It was obvious that he felt much better after that roalercoaster.

___________________

The next day no one mentioned katsuki's little outburst at brealfast. The class was happy to see their bakugo getting better

Kirishima and bakugo were getting impatient. Hawks told them that he would most probably wake up today and they couldnt wait to bombard him with questions.

3

2

1

And the bell finally rings. They get their slips from aizawa, to which he had grown to get used to by now, and bolted to the bus station towards the hospital.

They come into the hospital both stressed happy excited sad and panicked.

The nurse gives them the room number  and they start looking for it

306...307! Hes here bakugo thinks to himself. They open the door and-

Where was he?

Bakugo starts to visibly panic. Where was kai? Didnt the nurse say room 307? Yes she did. They were in the right room... but if they were what was going on?

"Okay lets not panic maybe hes taking a walk or something"

"Fucking hell he keeps doing this every fucking time"

They start asking around checking to see if he was transferred, since he wasnt allowed to walk or get up from his bed at the time being. He was supposed to be cuffed to the bed.

Bakugo felt like he had a lump in his throat. He was suffocating. He hated every second of this. Why couldnt one thing go smoothly.

He felt cursed.

Bakugo's pov

Shit shit shit shit. WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?

Why cant he take care of himself just for fucking once for fucks sake.

Shitty hair was asking around about him but they said he mightve gone on a walk. A WALK. A FUCKING WALK.

When he was stabbed in the stomach and had a burned foot. I swear im going to kill him once i see him, this asshole better have a good reason to why he was out of bed when he wasnt supposed to be.

"Katsuki? You okay pretty boy?"