29: The Guy Wearing Baggy Shorts And Sando

Start from the beginning

"You're a liar! Why would Zed kiss you?!"

Aeiou waved his hand and ignore her until he couldn't hear a thing. Truly, he didn't want to reveal that Zed kissed him, but he ran out of things to fire back at Mariah so he just spat everything out in the moment. Truly, if someone want to extract a secret from Aeiou, they just had to piss him off. 

[A/N: The CEO and the Troublemaker,
Jake and Jaspher]

It was during the summer of 2018, when the scorching rays from the sun woke Jaspher, with an unsettling jolt. He was puzzled as to why the well-vented room in the mansion of Henry Nuevas was making him sweat viciously.

He swiped the sweat off his neck and sat up his bed. He drowsily scratched his eyes and roamed it around him. The roman-styled ceiling was still the same. The french windows were still spotless and pearly white. Nothing was changed.

With his eyebrows frowned, Jaspher immediately turned his head above him. And his expectation was right. The air conditioner's monitor has no lights. It was off.

Jaspher wriggled his hand free to the air and reached for the remote on a bedside table on his right. He pointed its head to the air con and clicked it a few times.

But the air con did not lit up. A few more clicks and there was still no response.

He squinted his eyes and keenly stared at the appliance. That air conditioner was the same as to those they use in Spain. It was nearly as expensive as a new flagship phone and was rumored to have the best technology, not to mention it was the latest model. Its durability and longevity was one of its feats, so why wasn't it working now?

Jaspher moved his eyes down and repulsive sight of a scissor clasped on a wire hanged freely below the air conditioner.

"That brat..." Jaspher cursed internally. It didn't take a genius for him not to notice who did that. Zed Nuevas, Philip's one and only rebellious son.

Jaspher took a deep breath and said with formality. "Young master, you can come out now."  His voice echoed to the exquisite wall and to the every side of the room. But there was no answer.

Jaspher had a bad feeling about this. He looked up again to the wire. He traced it down  and found that the end of the cord was buried on the electric socket, meaning there was still electricity surging through it when it was cut down. The scissor was half way down the cord so it meant the one who cut it stopped halfway through. Probably because he got electrified. Jaspher's heart almost jumped out of his chest. He removed the bedsheet and sway his feet to stand.

But when his soles met the cold marble floor, a cracked sounded, like a hard plastic when someone stepped on it,  and a thunderous roar of pain echoed.

"FUCK!!" Jaspher raised his sole to look and found a pebble sized rectangular head with a face.

The sole of Jaspher's foot pressed on a metal piece of Lego.

When Jaspher held onto his foot, his body swayed. In his instinct to retrieve his balance he accidentally stepped his other foot onto another Lego. "Aww!"

With a thug, Jaspher fell face up to the floor. His body was layed on rock-like shapes of metal beads in different shapes. He then realized, the legos were scattered on the floor.