Part 31 - [EDITED]

TW: Death, Mention of Death, Suicidal Thoughts

Mia went back home later that night. She and Olivia had laid on the bed, silently for a while. They hadn't talked after she told her what happened earlier.

When Olivia's parents got back home she left. She then slowly walked to her house, thinking. 

It was finally over. She was supposed to be happy, the leeches were leaving never to return. They got to have their lives back.

And she had managed to kill that sorry low-life who had murdered Cait. Although she managed to breathe in the first relived breaths since Cait's murder once she killed that bloodsucker, there was still a weighing ache on her chest.

Almost everything in her life was getting back together. She and Olivia had made up. Her parents would be fine, they were moving on with their life as well. Sure Charlie would have a hard time once Bella's fake death news broke out, but he'd manage it. He had to.

There would be no more vampires, no more threats. The pack would always be family but they didn't have to prioritize their responsibilities anymore, their duty was done. 

They were now free to choose, free to do whatever they wanted to. Free to live.

These were all good things. But why couldn't she be happy? Why couldn't she move on? Why was she still feeling like this?

You know why

The voice inside her mind whispered to her. Mia sucked in a breath and tried to ignore that voice. She had reached her home. She could hear her Mom.

When she opened the door she saw Liz panting across the living room, biting down on her bottom lip and checking her phone. She jumped when Mia stepped inside.

"Oh, Mia!" And then, before she knew it, Liz was on top of her, hugging her and dragging her to her chest. Now, Mia was taller than her, but she crouched down. Liz's grip on her was tight.

Liz let out a deep breath. "I was so worried,"

"Yeah," she mumbled in response. "But I'm okay, we're all okay,"

"Good," Liz said and dragged her hands up to Mia's face. She squeezed her face between them and gave her a look with pouted lips. "You're okay," she continued tears in her eyes.

Mia chewed her bottom lip. "I killed him, Mom," she said, tears rolling down her face while Liz furrowed her brows, "I killed the one who murdered Cait,"

"Oh," Liz muttered, "Baby," 

Mia let out a sob. "I killed him, Mom, I did it but I still feel like shit, aren't I supposed to feel better after killing him?" 

Liz hugged her once more as Mia broke down crying.

Mia walked into her room later when Liz announced that she was going to cook dinner. Her eyes directly went to her dresser and the necklace she left there earlier. She didn't want it to get ruined again so she left it here before she went down to La Push.

She slowly walked there and sat down before the dresser. Her eyes went over the engraving once more. She wanted to wear it, never wanted to take it off but there was something inside of her that couldn't reach forward and grab it.

Did she even deserve to wear it anymore? It was supposed to symbolize their friendship. Mia's, Cait's, and Olivia's. 

It was Mia who tore apart that friendship, that bond. She first hurt Cait and Olivia then she caused them to fall apart as well. She was the reason why Cait was left alone and went up to that damn cabin for the leeches to find her.