Part 16 - [EDITED]

Mia had temporarily moved into her Dad's house. 

Their cover story for Charlie had worked and he was touched that Mia wanted to spend more time with them. Mia wanted that as well, on top of protecting her sister and Dad.

Liz had resisted the idea at first, especially since Mia hadn't had a chance to talk things through with her properly about the whole pack business, but in the end, she let Mia go. Mia had to agree to call her whenever she could and also lie to her, and she hated every second of it, but she told her Mom all of this would be over soon. She hoped it would.

On the nights when the Cullens were on Swan duty, Mia would sneak out after her Dad fell asleep and went to join the patrol. The other nights she would be at the house with her family. On the nights when she didn't have to patrol and it was the Cullen's turn, she tried to find excuses to go but Bella urged her to stay.

Edward was inside the house at those times, it had only happened twice so far, the second time being right now. Mia could tell Bella wanted them to get along. She wasn't sure if she and Edward or anyone from that family could get along well like Bella wanted them to but at least they weren't as hostile toward Mia as they were to the rest of the pack. Which was at least promising.

On the days Mia went to school, and she did most days for the past two weeks to protect Bella, Sam allowed it, she had to be around the Cullens anyway. It wasn't as horrible as Mia thought given the stories the pack told her.

Charlie was working late tonight and he wasn't home yet. Edward, Bella, and Mia were in the living room and the TV was on. Mia didn't think they were watching it but it was better than the awkward silence that took over the room from moment to moment.

All this domestication so far had actually helped Mia catch up with her schoolwork. Not that she was sure what was left of it anyway, the pack came first now. She knew her dreams of college especially and the Ivy League were just that, distant dreams.

"Do you still struggle with Bio?" Bella asked from over Mia's shoulder. She had gone to the kitchen to get water and was now towering over the couch. 

"As always," Mia groaned. 

Bella laid her elbow on the edge of the couch. "Edward's pretty good with Bio,"

Mia couldn't help but glance at Edward. He was trying to look like he wasn't prying on their conversation but they all knew he was aware. "He's good with all of them, in fact," she continued. 

Edward turned to them with a mused face. "Benefits of countless hours spent in high school,"

Mia let out an awkward chuckle. "Are you serious?"

Bella sat next to Mia on the couch with a grin. "You need help and he has the knowledge, why not?"

Mia looked between her sister and the boyfriend for a while. They did not seem like they were joking. "Well, fine then," she exhaled and handed her book to Bella who then handed it to her boyfriend. Edward took the book without question and immediately got to work.

If somebody told Mia three months ago that her sister's vampire boyfriend would be doing her biology homework as they were protecting her sister from bad vampires, Mia would probably think they were on drugs or had great imagination.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the evening?" Bella asked her. 

"I don't know," Mia murmured, she had planned to spend it with the homework but it was being handled. "Do you have any ideas?"

Bella pressed her lips together as she thought about it. "What do people usually do on sleepovers?"

Mia furrowed her brows. "Seriously?"