Part 5 - [EDITED]

Mia found herself on the La Push road. 

She wasn't following a specific set of directions, it was lucky she didn't get into an accident while crying, and now she was on the La Push reservation.

The only place she knew how to go was the Black's house. So she went there. She needed answers but she couldn't face Chief-- her father yet and she was mad at her Mom. So the next best alternative was Billy. Both of their friend who probably had all the answers.

Mia pulled up in front of their house. She closed the car door a bit too harshly. Her hands were pressed on the window and she started sobbing. She was holding the car keys in her right hand and she started to hit the car door.

"Mia?" she heard the familiar voice of Billy. 

She turned around. "You knew," she said. It wasn't a question, of course, of course, he knew. How could he not?

Billy took a deep breath and pressed his lips together. "Come inside," he said and pushed his chair backward. "I'll make you a cup of tea,"

"No," Mia snapped, "No need,"

"Alright," Billy said slowly and pushed his wheelchair inside after closing the door. Mia sat on the sofa and Billy stopped in front of her. "Jake's at back with his friends and Bella,"

When he said Bella, Mia's head shot right up. Bella. Bella Swan. Her half-sister. Her sister. She had a sister and she didn't even know about it.

"Look... I don't know much. Your Mom left town so abruptly... I didn't even know you existed until she told me after you were back. She asked for my help on how to tell Charlie,"

Mia bit down her bottom lip. "He didn't know either?"

Billy shook his head. "No... he found out a couple of weeks ago,"

"Oh," Mia frowned. That would probably explain why he came over to their house before she met Billy or went to the Swan house for the barbecue. Why he acted all weird around Mia.

Mia ran her hand through her hair. The hair, of course! It was the same color as Bella's hair. The lengths were different but they were the same color. They had similar skin tones, hers wasn't as unhealthy and pale as Bella but it was similar. And their face structures... How could she not see it before?

"Does she know?" Mia asked instead. 

That question seemed to shock Billy, he looked like he was expecting something else. "No... Charlie doesn't think it's best for her to know it right now... you know," 

Billy took a deep breath. "I think it's best that... you talk about this with Liz. She has the answers you're looking for,"

"I know," Mia snapped.

"I understand you're frustrated, angry even... but it's her you need to talk to," he continued. 

Mia looked up at him. She knew he was right but she didn't want to see her Mom now. She had lied, for years. She had asked her Mom many times about who her father was but she never said it, always passed it aside as a one-night stand. When in reality, she had known all along.  Every time she would ask about her father she would lie and say she didn't know where he was, that it was a one-night stand and she didn't know him. Mia never knew anything about him except for he had dark brown hair and that he was a one-night stand of her Mom. In reality, her Mom was friends with him! They had moved to Forks and she kept lying to her for three years when her father was right under her nose. Frustrated, angry, pissed... It didn't even cover what Mia was feeling.

But goddamn, Billy was right and the only person who could answer the questions Mia had were the one person who never answered. She grunted and got up. "Thanks," she muttered silently under her breath and walked outside to get inside her car.