Part 6 - [EDITED]

Mia sat silently in the car. 

Her Mom was driving her to the Swan house for their dinner. It was Christmas Eve. Mia would spend Christmas with her Mom and Grandma but Charlie wanted her to come over to officially meet with Bella so they picked Christmas Eve.

"Are you excited?" Liz asked. 

"I guess,"

"It will be fine, don't worry. Charlie already loves you so much," 

Mia couldn't help but smile at that. "Really?" 

Liz turned to her and smiled. "I could pick you up once you're done. Or Charlie could probably drive you too. Just let me know baby," Liz continued as they turned to the street that the Swan house was on. 

Mia nodded. "Will do mom,"

Liz stopped by the house. Mia took a deep breath and got out. Charlie had already opened the door by the time she made it there. "Welcome Mia," he said with a smile. She smiled back. "Bella's in the kitchen,"

They both walked over there. Bella was standing over the oven. "Is there anything I can help with?" Mia asked. 

Bella shook her head. "You can set the table... I guess," she muttered. Bella quickly pointed to where the plates and the rest were placed. Mia silently got to work.

Charlie had grabbed his beer and was watching the girls. " Do you like casserole?"

Mia nodded as she was setting the table. "Sure," 

"Almost done," Bella announced.

Five minutes later they were all sitting down and starting to eat. Charlie was trying to make conversation. " Yeah, the last time in Seattle was for school. I'm on the debate team and we made it to the state finals last year. We lost to Spokane," 

"That's great! Do you like it?" he asked. 

Mia nodded. "Yeah, I also did a bit of Model UN in freshman year. I really like those kind of stuff," 

"Model UN is a simulation for students to learn about UN and diplomacy, dad," Bella explained. 

Charlie grunted. "Oh," 

Mia bit her cheek. She should have guessed Charlie might not have known what Model UN was. "I actually did a bit of Model UN myself back in Phoenix," Bella murmured. 

"Oh, really?" Mia asked in surprise, she just never seemed like that kind of type.

"You're also in.... uhm, student government, right?" Bella asked. 

"Yeah, since last year. I'm hoping to be the Student Council President next year. Would highlight my application to colleges,"

"Cool," Bella replied.

Charlie took a sip of his beer. "You sound busy," 

"Yeah... It's all for college and I kind of like it," Mia replied. 

"You're already thinking of college?"Bella asked. 

Mia nodded. "Yeah, hoping to get into an Ivy League with a scholarship. So it'd be easier for mom,"

"Where are you going to apply to?" Mia asked her. 

Bella shrugged. "I don't know," 

"Ivy League... That's huge," Charlie said, leaning back on his chair. 

Mia smiled. "Yeah... Granted I don't fail Biology,"  

Charlie took a sip from his beer. "Well, Bells is good at biology. She can tutor you,"