Part 11 - [EDITED]

TW; Assault

Mia saw the other wolves going the other way from the side of her eye. She focused on Jake instead. But from the split second her attention was diverted, Jake, the human one, was standing in the wolf's place. 

She didn't realize it earlier but his clothes were tied around his legs. He uncovered them and put on the shorts. He didn't bother with the hoodie. He took a step toward her. "I know you're confused and possibly have a million questions," 

Mia whimpered at that. That was an understatement. "But you're gonna have to calm down now. It's the only way to shift back to human,"

Well, how the hell was she supposed to calm down after everything that happened in the past half hour? 

She heard heavy footsteps. Sam, Embry, and Leah Clearwater were coming their way. Sam and Embry were in shorts just like Jake. And Leah had a shirt on. They didn't even seem fazed by the fact that there was a giant wolf standing there. 

But didn't Jake call the black wolf Sam too? 

"We brought some clothes for her," Sam said. Then they all turned to Mia. She felt exposed as they all looked at her. "Let's give them some space," Sam continued. 

Embry and Jake followed them as they walked away. Mia was left with Leah who was holding the clothes. No, no, no. Why was Jake going away? 

"You don't want them to see you naked, right?" Leah said as if she read her mind. Mia looked at her, she didn't want that. 

Leah sighed. "Okay, I know it's hard but you need to shift back to human. Try to calm down, your breathing, heartbeat... Try to pull your body together, imagine yourself in your human body," 

She said as if it was so easy. Mia tried. And tried. It took her a good ten minutes, maybe even more but then she found herself on her knees on the ground. 

"That was good," Leah said as she got closer. She gave her the clothes. "These will do for now," 

Thankfully Leah turned back after that. Mia quickly got inside the clothes. They were itchy and a bit fit for her but it was better than the alternative, which was to walk around naked. "I'm done," 

"Try to keep your emotions in check, okay?" Leah said. It wasn't harsh. Mia was about to ask why when she looked at Leah. She could hear her heart beating. When she focused on it she realized she could hear other heartbeats too. She heard leaves ruffling and the wind splattering the trees. She heard the water. She smelled the grass and animal scents. "What..."

"You'll get used to it after a while. Your senses are heightened,"

"How? How is... What's going on?"

Leah sighed. "You're about to find out," she said and started walking. Mia started following her. They walked to the other side of the house. She saw Sam, Embry, Jake, Embry, and Seth in front of the house. Jared and Paul, the other guys from the funeral, were also there. 

She walked toward Jake. He was the person she knew best and frankly, the one she trusted the most. "What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing's wrong," Jake replied. 

"Then how do you explain what just happened? People don't just turn into huge animals!" 

"Regular people don't," Sam replied. Mia turned to him, furrowing her brows. What did regular people mean? "We have a lot to talk about, but you must try to remain calm throughout," Sam said. 

"Why do you all keep saying that? What happens if I don't?" she grunted, words coming out harsher than she intended. 

"It'll take time for you to learn to control your shift. When you get overwhelmed by emotions, most usually anger, you shift and it could cause accidents," Sam replied.