Part 4 - [EDITED]

"Happy birthday my love!" Liz barged into Mia's room. 

Mia opened her eyes and whimpered. "Since it's my birthday, can't you let me sleep?" 

Liz chuckled. "Can't, I need to leave in twenty minutes and wanted to celebrate with you,"

Mia sighed and turned around on the bed. "Fine, I'll be in the kitchen in five," 

Liz walked out and Mia sat on the bed with her eyes closed. She slowly opened them and went to the bathroom. She washed her face and redid the ponytail that got messed up during her sleep.

Her Mom threw her arms around Mia the second she stepped inside and started to kiss her. "Can't believe you're seventeen. I love you so much," 

"You say that every year, mom," Mia giggled, "I love you too,"

"Because you keep growing up every year," Liz replied and kissed her one last time. "I made some pancakes, special birthday edition,"

"Yes," Mia cheered and sat down at the table. She might have had to wake up earlier than she intended but her Mom's pancakes made it all up.

They ate their breakfast together, making jokes and bantering like they did. "I should be home around tomorrow afternoon," Liz hummed. She picked up the night shift like they agreed. 

"Okay,"

Mia went to her room after breakfast and started getting ready for school. She got dressed and did her makeup. Before she was done the doorbell rang. "Door!" Liz called out. 

"I'm on it," Mia replied and left to go open it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FAVORITE SAGITTARIUS!" Cait and Olivia yelled at the same time. 

Before they finished their screaming Mia was squashed between their bodies. "Thank you," 

Liz was standing on the archway with a smile on her face. "Well, now that your two other halves are here, I can go to work,"

The girls smiled at her. "We've got it covered, boss," Cait said.

They went to Mia's room so that she could finish getting ready. Once she was done both of her friends were grinning. "We thought we'd be too busy tonight so we decided to give you your gift now," Olivia said. 

"Not to be dramatic but if you don't like it I will literally kill myself," Cait added.

"Sure not dramatic at all," Mia smirked as she took the package out of their hands. 

There was a Captain America t-shirt, a book series that Mia wanted to read but didn't have the time to buy,, and a bracelet. The bracelet had a little heart in the middle and the letters MOC were engraved on it.

Mia looked up as her eyes started getting teary. "I love you so much," 

Olivia reached out her wrist. "Look, we got the same ones as well, we'll match!"

"That was the reaction I wanted!" Caitlyn cheered.

Mia sat next to them on her bed and gave them a hug. "You're making me cry, thank you," 

Normally, as every person on Earth, Mia loved her birthday. It was the one day on Earth where she could get away with everything she wanted and that she was the center of attention without any problems.

But the one thing she hated about birthdays was the excessive amount of thank you you had to say. But this one, it came from inside, she truly did mean it.

" I know! We are the best friends ever," Cait smirked and hugged the girls tighter. 

"Yes, you are," Mia chuckled.