(30)

It’s the third time she has let the phone go to voice mail. She can’t explain what she is feeling at the moment but the jealousy. Is real?

“Clarke?” Raven calls as she puts on her shoes to head at her house. “Ontari is her friend, you do realize that don’t you?”

Abby already left after receiving a phone call from her husband. A good thing for Clarke because she could not have stand being lectured by two people. Raven is enough.

“I know.”

“You called her and now she is calling back, the least you can do is pick up the fucking phone.” A little anger could be picked up from the woman’s tone.

“Why do you support her?” Clarke crossed her arms. It was not the question she meant to ask but who cares, Raven seems closer to the girl ever since she returned. It’s as if they have a secret friendship or something.

Raven lets out a laugh and stares at her friend’s form. Then laughs even harder. “You’re bullshitting me.”

Clarke sighs and walks to the couch. Her mind is all over the place right now and she shouldn’t be pissed at Raven for putting her in check. “I’m sorry. The truth is that I am jealous of Ontari.” She smiles. “Saying it out loud is ridiculous.”

Raven comes over and sits next to her. “No it isn’t. You’re human and love the girl but seriously drop it a little you can’t just suspect her with everyone you see her smiling with”. The other time it was the hot police officer, now its Raven. Really Clarke?

“I don’t know what you want me to say.” Raven starts. “You know of me and Anya, how can you think that Lexa is unaware of it or that we don’t communicate more than the usual. She’s more like the middle man who helps talk sense to Anya.” She giggles. “Do you know how upset she was when you caught us in the Kitchen, I swear Anya was about to grow an extra head.”

Clarke smiles a little, hearing Raven talk about her just confirms how selfish she was about her problems and never once asked about how Raven was doing and her feelings.

“Are you too together?”

“Not really.” She gets up and pulls her jacket on. “See you tomorrow. If she does not call again, please call her…you two are supposed to be building slowly the trust. Not picking up a call raises an eyebrow.”

They walk to the door. Raven hugs her goodbye and leaves.

Finally left alone with her thoughts, she heads to the kitchen and starts placing the dirty dishes in the dishwasher when the doorbell rings. Rolls her eyes and looks around for what possible thing Raven forgot now.

“Coming!”

Looks around one more time and rushes to the door. “Left something?” She exclaims as she pulls the door open. Her mouth falls open at the sight in front of her. Lexa is wearing Black and white dress-pants. It has a V neck that falls all the way at her belly button and boy has it been long since she saw those abs and the shiny Ring attached to the navel.

“Are you okay?” Her voice horse and demanding. Blue eyes couldn’t stay focused so she moved out of the way for Lexa to enter who took the hint well and walked in. Brushing her breast just by her shoulder. Intentional or not, her body is on full alert. Her smell is back on, she wonders why she changed it last time. “I thought something happened to you, so I rushed here but now I see you were just ignoring my phone call.”

Wow this plane is dropping fast.

“I didn’t…” she’s cut off by an angry Lexa

“Save it. Since you’re fine I should leave.” She starts walking but Clarke stands in her way. This fire that she just started must be put off before things turn to dust because they are in a good place-ish.